Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need ideas why depth finder is not working properly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need ideas why depth finder is not working properly

I have an Eagle Ultra (1998 model) that has worked perfectly until this year. When I first turn it on when I put the boat in, I have blue vertical streaks running over the entire face. Sometimes the entire face will turn blue and you can't see anything on it. Today, after being on the water several hours, it was working perfectly as I was ready to come in. I thought maybe I was picking up some electrical interference, but I have never had trouble until this year. I have not added any new electronics to my boat to cause any problems. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be and how to correct it? Any input would be appreciated.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

um i had this problem with a humming bird turns out one of the connections for the power had worked its way loose and it wasnt getting power have you hit any rough water recently before it stoped working?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

had a humming bird and it was acting up when i ran my trolling motor . i had to hook it to the cranking battery .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depthfinder problem

Papasage - The trolling motor is the only thing connected to that particular battery. The depth finder is connected to the starter battery which is also a deep cycle. BGF - The depthfinder sits on my consel and right in front of the windsheild. This makes it awkward to get the connections plugged in. I may not have pushed the plugs in tight. I will check your theory about a loose connection. Thanks for the help.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    Papasage - The trolling motor is the only thing connected to that particular battery. The depth finder is connected to the starter battery which is also a deep cycle. BGF - The depthfinder sits on my consel and right in front of the windsheild. This makes it awkward to get the connections plugged in. I may not have pushed the plugs in tight. I will check your theory about a loose connection. Thanks for the help.

if that doesnt work, it is probably a serious problem with the lcd display, how old is it, i dont know how long those warranties on those last though

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it could be a grounding problem too....check all your connections. If you find any white powder, clean it up and try it again. Hope this helps.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Clean the connectors to the battery and unplug all the wires going into the back of the unit and check the prongs to make sure none are broke or bent, then plug them back in. If this doesn't solve the problem, it's probably an internal isssue.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

That blue screen happened to me once with my Lowrance.
    I had to send it back to the company for a fix.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

crappieken, Give Linda Colt a call at Lowrance/Eagle. She is the guru of service problems. 918-438-8747. Or E-mail her at [email protected]. Guarantee she'll get you fixed if possible. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Check the wiring at the battery. I had a problem with mine doing crazy things when I was running the motor. I was going to put another fuse inline when I found that the wire going to the battery was about ( broke in my hand when checking it out) broke into. I chnaged it out and it has worked find since.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!