Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Sardis April

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to Sardis April

Headed to Sardis Lake April 3rd to 6th, looking for help, don't know enough ( that's normal) and thinking about a guide (e-mailed feelay just a few minutes ago ) but have been checking and not so sure can afford have to wait and see. Hoping someone on this board can help.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the weather, you should be hitting it right. Crappie Masters will be at Grenada that week. Maybe it will take a little pressure off Sardis. Just start looking shallow. You will find them.
    Make sure you check the new regulations for Sardis that go in effect March 21st

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ok we went on our first sardis trip in February . We didn't know anything except what a few guys on here told us. Got minnows from the dam store 2.25 a dozen. Launched from engineers point which is across the dam. Fished there and across lake at lespadeza point caught a lot but on 2 keepers off main lake. Fished lower lake 2nd day because of wind rut Arnound boat launch caught 15 there all nice fish the pics are on my post . I'm no guide for down there but in April when they are actually biting any one should be able to do good I would say. But watch the water it does get bad fast. But there were small boats like 12 foot Jon's with 2 guys spider rigging off the front on the main lake . To me that's a little crazy . It looked like the boat rail was about 2 inches from the water ha. Good luck .

Post Thanks / Like

Fished engineers point cove 2005 and clear creek back in 95, didn't catch much at engineer's but there was a ton of boats there, clear creek caught 42 in about 4 hours that where about 13 to 14 in long and fat, but the lake was up,temp was 58 degree (water ) and was only catching them on laydowns next to creek channel if I remember right it was 13 ft next to 7 ft flat, but that's not there anymore. Lake right now is down. Haven't been there since 05,long way to travel not to catch anything to speak of. Retired now so I thought I'd give it another shot, I know it's good,just have to find them...

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there that same week. We have hired Carl to guide us on Monday and will be staying at the cabins on the lake. Hope to hit it right, but we have never been so it will be a learning experience for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Still looking for help, e-mailed Feelay on the 5th and have had no response as of yet. Hoping someone on Missouri board can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Lespadeza has been on fire for a month!!!! Troll minnows and/or jigs tipped with minnows. If the wind allows, fish around the timber out from Holiday Lodge.
    We have caught several 2+ so far this year. Including a 2.66 and a 2.84 in the last two trips.
    Clear Creek should be hot then as well if the wind will cooperate.
    Honestly, we have caught fish everywhere we've fished this year.

Just look for the boats. The fish will be close by.
    By the way, let the folks at the Dam Store that you are with Crappie.com.
    They will take great care of you.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give that a try appreciate it, can't figure out why Feelay hasn't got back with me? Are you referring to the one on 315 about 1/2 mile before lake?I'll be sure to let them know. Appreciate the help Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that's the one. Ole Feelay has trouble typing with those big gorilla fingers. Lol. You can tell him I said so.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Going to Sardis April

Quote Originally Posted by mongo82 View Post
    I'll give that a try appreciate it, can't figure out why Feelay hasn't got back with me? Are you referring to the one on 315 about 1/2 mile before lake?I'll be sure to let them know. Appreciate the help Speck
    His number is posted on the Guide section.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast