Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver lake Crappies, starting soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silver lake Crappies, starting soon!

Hello My name is Roger and I guided for bass and crappie on Silver lake (Cowlitz co., Wa). The crappie start to bunch up by the end of this month.
    you can find them on the out side edge of the pads. Just look for movment on top of the water as you are running the edge of the pad fields. If you find a some you could get into more than 100 in an hour or two. Also log booms and plastic docks are a great place till they head for the canals in October.
    If you can find mid-lake brush you can find some good sized crappie (near 2 pounds). The Colors I like on Silver is yellow and white for sunny days and black and yellow for cloudy days. Remember to also fish at night in the fall for crappie under lights on some docks. If you would like to see my great Silver lake map of the bass and crappie spots. Do you know about shannondowa canal????? The crappie will be getting REAL BIG AT SILVER LAKE in two years you can get lots of 2 pound crappies!!!!!!
    Roger
    L.M. Bass 9 pounds 0oz, S.M. Bass 6 pounds 4oz, Trout 8 pounds 4oz
    White Crappie 3 pound 2oz, Black Crappie 1 pounds 12oz
    Roger Ex-Silver Lake Bass guide (EBG) (10 years+)

Post Thanks / Like

wow! thanks for all the great tips. i've been thinking of making a trip down there this fall or even sooner (maybe before school starts up :rolleyes: ). why do you say that they will be getting real big there in a couple years? is it because of the new 9" minimum size?
    Last edited by CK14; 08-13-2006 at 03:22 PM.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

The limit is 10 a day! My best day is 800 in one day. I rarely keep many crappie every few years I like to have a big fish fry so I take a bunch home to eat with my family. I like the limit the crappie will get VERY big fast! 10 crappie over 1.5 pounds is more than most people need in a day! I ALWAYS put the biggest crappie back to help the fishery! If you would like to lake to be a better crappie lake, start keeping the smaller crappie and toss back the big one! Not many people will do that
    L.M. Bass 9 pounds 0oz, S.M. Bass 6 pounds 4oz, Trout 8 pounds 4oz
    White Crappie 3 pound 2oz, Black Crappie 1 pounds 12oz
    Roger Ex-Silver Lake Bass guide (EBG) (10 years+)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExBassGuide
    The limit is 10 a day! My best day is 800 in one day. 10 crappie over 1.5 pounds is more than most people need in a day!
    HOLY CRAP!! 800 in one day. were a lot of them small or big? i've never even seen a crappie close to a pound caught out of there.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know 2 years ago I took my oldest son down there, then he was 3, and we got into some great crappie fishing. We caught fish all day long, ended up keeping 30 to eat, but some that we caught measured between 12-14 inches. Unfortunately at that time there wasn't a limit on them and I saw many many boats keeping every fish they caught.. I am hopeful with the new limits and size regs I'll be able to get my youngest son into them in a few years. It was a great day and one t o be remembered.... :D

CK,
    I got some time off coming and was thinking about taking a Monday off and heading down there, maybe August 28th....
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

man that sounds like quite a day . what part of the lake did you fish? i'll keep you posted if i go down there.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CK14
    man that sounds like quite a day . what part of the lake did you fish? i'll keep you posted if i go down there.
    This was late October so we were fishing the canals....Yea lmk how it goes if you head down and I will do the same...
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Post Thanks / Like

i fishind it in late october as well great crappie!.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brokentrail
    CK,
    I got some time off coming and was thinking about taking a Monday off and heading down there, maybe August 28th....
    are you still thinking of heading down there? i might go next week. probably tuesday or wednesday.
    Last edited by CK14; 08-25-2006 at 09:26 PM.
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CK14
    are you still thinking of heading down there? i might go next week. probably tuesday or wednesday.
    Well I was supposed to go today but I've been house ridden with the flu since late Saturday night. It definitely put a damper on my big fishing weekend and the time I took off of work.

It will be mid-september before I can make it there now but good luck to ya if you get down there...
    Brokentrail
    Born To Fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast