Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any computer guru's out there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default any computer guru's out there?

I am running Windows 98 and certainly I'm not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination. A friend sent me a funny video and I noticed ther was no volume. I went to turn it up using that little icon in lower right corner, (the one that looks like a megaphone or something) and it was gone. I can't seem to find a way to get it back. It must be a huge deal because the young'uns can't do it either. I did mange to get the volume turned up by going to start...programs...accessories...blah,blah,blah but I want my icon. Can anyone help?

fishinRod
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Its been awhile since i used win98, but try this.
    Start, control panel, sounds and audio devices icon.

Under 'Volume', There should be a check box to "show volume icon in the taskbar'...check it , hit 'apply' and see if this "icon' appears in your lower right hand task bar.

Hope this helps...

please advise if you need more help...i'll do more research for you.
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you can control the volume on your keyboard. Look at your keyboard and it should have a volume control button and a mute button. Hope this helps. Otherwise go to help then type in volume control it should list options that could lead you to what you want. You also can go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Restore and pick a restore point when it all worked properly.

Post Thanks / Like

macks on the money

Post Thanks / Like

hey mack, I do not have a device icon under "sound" in the control panel. I just have one palette with one tab that has events, sound and scheme. I believe this is where you assign different sounds to stuff like shutting down and such.

Fish.on, I don't have a system restore on under accessories, but a system tools. Nothing about a restore.

Y'all sound like you know what your talking about, but I can't seem to find it

fishinRod

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod
    I am running Windows 98 and certainly I'm not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination. A friend sent me a funny video and I noticed ther was no volume. I went to turn it up using that little icon in lower right corner, (the one that looks like a megaphone or something) and it was gone. I can't seem to find a way to get it back. It must be a huge deal because the young'uns can't do it either. I did mange to get the volume turned up by going to start...programs...accessories...blah,blah,blah but I want my icon. Can anyone help?

fishinRod

Try This....

Post Thanks / Like

thanks CQ it worked

fishinRod

Post Thanks / Like

Your Welcome fishinRod....Glad I could help you out....