Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logan martin lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan martin lake

anybody caught any crappie lately i going to fish first week of march what kind of bait do i need and how deep are they. i hope the water temp will be up after all the rain. any help would greatly be appreicated.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what everyone else is saying but I think the fishing has been pretty good...the lake seems a little lower than what I am accustomed to and you need to be careful loading and unloading your boat...buddy of mine saw someone tear all the wiring harness out from under their trailer last week at lakeside marina and it took us four wheel drive to get my boat out of riverside ramp the middle of January.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been traveling for the last month and haven't been. The last time I put in at Lakeside had a hard time getting reloaded due to what seems lower than winter pool level. Will be glad when AL Power holds a little more water.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at alabama power site and looks like they've been dropping the lake level again this past week so wouldn't expect it to be much better in the short term unless we get some significant rain tuesday...

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie

Quote Originally Posted by autiger View Post
    looked at alabama power site and looks like they've been dropping the lake level again this past week so wouldn't expect it to be much better in the short term unless we get some significant rain tuesday...
    nice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan martin lake

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    Not sure what everyone else is saying but I think the fishing has been pretty good...the lake seems a little lower than what I am accustomed to and you need to be careful loading and unloading your boat...buddy of mine saw someone tear all the wiring harness out from under their trailer last week at lakeside marina and it took us four wheel drive to get my boat out of riverside ramp the middle of January.
    I am taking off of work to go there never been do you recommend this lake or should i go somewhere else. I heard there some good crappie fishing up there, can you give me some advice if yall would please. Where do most people stay from out of town.

Post Thanks / Like

Great lake and if you dont like it Neely Henry is just a little ways up the road...I look forward to seeing what folks say about lodging because I haven't found anywhere I'm exactly satisfied with....

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, and Hampton Inn at I-20 and US 231. Fast food, Cracker Barrel, Wally World all in same shopping center. There is also a motel at what used to be the Big Bull on 231 just up from Lakeside landing but I don't know about the condition. Been there since Hitler was a gate guard if that tells the age. You can get reviews at TripAdvisor.com. I stay at Comfort Suites for business travel and have been satisfied. Most are new/newer and I normally get a decent rate ($65.00 - $100.00 with AAA card). Hope this helps. I am going to try and get on the water Friday/Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to find places to clean and freeze fish for neely. You can stay at Weiss lake lodge they have a fish cleaning house and will freeze your catch you also have two options in lakes as you are already at Weiss and are only 35 miles from neely henry. newer motel. Have stayed here couple of times and it is very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no crappie in Logan Martin. LOL . No, I live here. The lake is always this low this time of year. Rabbit Branch is a sure bet for crappie. Just shoot the piers in Rabbit Branch. There is a ramp at Coosa Island Marina. It is pretty easy to put in on the left hand side if you don't have a 26 ft. boat. Long lining is good in the creek channel. Good luck. Go south on 231 to hwy. 54 to the dam. Follow signs to CIM. The Motel by Burger King is Indian owned but clean and reasonable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast