Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Painting Under-Spin's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Painting Under-Spin's

I got some under-spin jigheads so now to paint them. What's the best way to keep the swivel & jig eye open?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you talking about horse heads, pony heads? I used the vinyl lure paint and a nail polish brush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canebreaker View Post
    Are you talking about horse heads, pony heads? I used the vinyl lure paint and a nail polish brush.
    They're actually chub head belly-spin jigs and I'm looking for tips on using powder paint. Thanks for the reply though.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Jim posted on another thread: He cuts 1/8" heat shrink about 1/4" long, slips it over the swivel and heats it a bit. When he heats the paint for the final time he slips the heat shrink off. Use an eye popper for the hook. If the head has a barb to hold bodies, try not to paint them. They will hold plastics better.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What Cane said about heat shrink. I use a pair of curved tip forceps and clamp them over the eye. Heat and dip then hang on wire rack to cool. When finished painting I pull off heat shrink then use a small pocket knife to clean any paint around swivel where it mates to head. Scrape off paint from eye. Use christmas ornament hangers to hang jig from swivel and bake in toaster oven to cure paint. Keeps any excess from running into swivel.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Having a hard time clearing the eye after baking,take a wire like a paper clip and heat the tip red hot and push it though the eye or clean the eyes before baking...............woody
    WOODY'S TACKLE