Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plaque/tree idea

Post Thanks / Like

Default plaque/tree idea

ok, so i talked to union, mo today about the memorial tree. they don't do that, they do benches ($600) and smartlights {?} ($550). both come with a bronze plaque. after talking to the guy he said he would do a bald cypress tree right down by the pond with a bronze plaque saying whatever we wanted imbedded in concrete near the tree. he has never does this before but he said it would not be over 350 to 400 dollars, he just wasn't sure what the total would be. as many of you know, i work for a city and i know that they do not make money on these things, heck in ballwin we lose money on them. anyway, this would fulfill the nice little plaque that some of us had been talking about and the tree, plus it would be the only one in the city. Jamie, i sent you a check today; when everything is figured out let me know if we are short, i will send more. how much is one of those books or videos that tell you how to catch crappie? i'm pretty sure i owe Izzy for several of those from the tips i picked up from him. let me know if you guys still think this is a good idea or if you think it is too much money.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

FRY, if you are going to collect for this, please post an address so we all can contribute to it. He is well deserving of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me all the money should be in within a week,I'll run it by his wife Kay and if she likes the idea i think we should go for it and if were short we'll figure that out and make it happen.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Sounds good to me all the money should be in within a week,I'll run it by his wife Kay and if she likes the idea i think we should go for it and if were short we'll figure that out and make it happen.
    if we are short then we can go to work and raise what ever is needed.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Just got off the phone with Kay and she really liked the idea,she thought the tree and plaque would be a good tribute to izzy.As soon as all the money is in we will know if we are short and if we are we will figure out how to raise the rest then.She has been reading all the posts and said it is hard for her but also seemed to put her at ease to know how much he was liked so if you have anything to say to her she will see it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea to me.Keep us posted on the details Fry.I will help make up some of the difference if needed.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys................ I would love to donate to this if you would let me. Email me and let me know if I can and how..............

[email protected]

I think this ia a great idea, and a neat way to remember Izzy.

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

A nice short poem would work on a plaque. I don't know if they do this.

Maybe share some ideas for fun.

Through Gentle Breeze and Stormy Seas.
    Take Refuge and Fish with me.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I am in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast