Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, all you DIY plastics guys ...

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation OK, all you DIY plastics guys ...

Here's a little something for you to chew on ...

I'm looking for someone to make this bait :

Name:  img015.jpg
Views: 2643
Size:  22.9 KB

Same colors, same size, same shape, same eyes !! This bait is 1.75" long ... translucent blue / chartreuse tail ... black pupil on prismatic iris * ... probably dipped in clear plastic to cover the eyes (Keith was known for doing that).
    * ... (iris in picture looks white, but actually flashes a prism of colors)

This bait was formerly known as the "Nasty Shad" by Microspoons. The bait is no longer made by Microspoons, and the mold has been sold on eBay. So ... I doubt there's any patent, trademark, or copyright issues to consider ... seeing as how the bait is no longer in production.

I am personally looking to purchase a minimum of 100 of these baits, with the possibility of double that amount ... if the "clone" is sufficiently close to matching the original. I have little doubt that others would be interested in purchasing them, as well. They've been a very successful bait for me, but the 5 baits pictured are all I have left.

Anyone up to the challenge ??

... cp

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that plastic bait was a mold from bear and it was double dipped we do have the mold and we will have to mess with that one a little bit will post if it comes out even close to what you have.

www.bobsjigs.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    I believe that plastic bait was a mold from bear and it was double dipped we do have the mold and we will have to mess with that one a little bit will post if it comes out even close to what you have.
    Thanks, Bob .... that stinger you have in your avatar picture is pretty much the same coloration that I'm looking for. I wouldn't even be opposed to the red iris eye, if you didn't have the prismatic ones.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with !!

Wouldn't mind seeing what some of the other custom plastics makers can come up with, either !! These (Nasty Shad) really are a good Crappie bait, or else I'd just go back to using the Lunker City Fin-S-Shad ... which is what I was using before Keith made these for me.

.... cp

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Thanks, Bob .... that stinger you have in your avatar picture is pretty much the same coloration that I'm looking for. I wouldn't even be opposed to the red iris eye, if you didn't have the prismatic ones.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with !!

Wouldn't mind seeing what some of the other custom plastics makers can come up with, either !! These (Nasty Shad) really are a good Crappie bait, or else I'd just go back to using the Lunker City Fin-S-Shad ... which is what I was using before Keith made these for me.

.... cp
    be working on something next week for you.

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

be working on something next week for you.
    Way to go Bob. Be sure Pappy's request is done after my requests. Lol I still would like you to also pm me a photo of you and LeeAnn in your jerseys ...side by side. Don't forget to work on that rod. Thank you my friend.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

well guys I rushed up my next week things I was messing around today I had some time soul let me know what you think of the plastic baits crappiepeppy.
    Name:  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 004.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  38.9 KBName:  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 002.jpg
Views: 3246
Size:  42.3 KB

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, Snake .... if that top one was just a wee bit bluer & clearer, I would have a hard time telling yours & Keith's apart !! Probably the only way would be that yours has a textured tail, and Keith's is smooth. Man, oh man .... that's just awesome (& on the first try, too) !!
    Can't wait to see your second batch attempt !! Bet you nail it, dead on

Now ... about that second one : Is the tail vertical or horizontal to the body ?? Not that it matters all that much, but I'm just curious ... it looks horizontal to the body, but may just be laying over. If it is horizontal ... I can imagine it having seriously good action for vertical jigging. If it's vertical ... I can see it being a good choice for smaller jigheads with smaller hooks. It looks to be the same length as the one in the top picture, just with a shorter body length. That would make a great little compact bait for something like a 1/32oz jighead w/ #4 hook ... and probably be a good dock shooting bait !!

Come to think of it .... even if the tail IS vertical to the body, it wouldn't matter. Since it's a barrel shaped body, you could make the tail horizontal to the body by simply placing the eyes in a different position. Or, you could leave the eyes off ... and the angler could determine which way the tail would be, according to their desire.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

send me a sample of that top one to try when you can please.

well guys I rushed up my next week things I was messing around today I had some time soul let me know what you think of the plastic baits crappiepeppy.
    Name:  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 004.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  38.9 KBName:  mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 002.jpg
Views: 3246
Size:  42.3 KB

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's awful close Bob. Good job.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Dang, Snake .... if that top one was just a wee bit bluer & clearer, I would have a hard time telling yours & Keith's apart !! Probably the only way would be that yours has a textured tail, and Keith's is smooth. Man, oh man .... that's just awesome (& on the first try, too) !!
    Can't wait to see your second batch attempt !! Bet you nail it, dead on

Now ... about that second one : Is the tail vertical or horizontal to the body ?? Not that it matters all that much, but I'm just curious ... it looks horizontal to the body, but may just be laying over. If it is horizontal ... I can imagine it having seriously good action for vertical jigging. If it's vertical ... I can see it being a good choice for smaller jigheads with smaller hooks. It looks to be the same length as the one in the top picture, just with a shorter body length. That would make a great little compact bait for something like a 1/32oz jighead w/ #4 hook ... and probably be a good dock shooting bait !!

Come to think of it .... even if the tail IS vertical to the body, it wouldn't matter. Since it's a barrel shaped body, you could make the tail horizontal to the body by simply placing the eyes in a different position. Or, you could leave the eyes off ... and the angler could determine which way the tail would be, according to their desire.

... cp
    we can make them just like Keith's 100% the reason why they look that way in the picture is because we used Pearl blue and I used a high light blue the bottom picture is up to the customer but we would normally run the eyeballs so that tale is vertical. And thank you for your comments.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast