Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tubes

After reviewing the thread that Ship started on tubes it got me thinking should I reconsider adding them to my collection. I took the ideas thrown around in the thread and decided to put my hat in the race. This is my first run at it. Not to bad. It got better as I went along. I used cooking oil on the rod to help get the bait off but still had a little trouble. Anyone got a tip or two to share on that? It was fun and I can't wait to give it another go when I get home tonight. The second pic is just of some simple hook ties that I did to give my minnow rig a little flavor. Been a busy week for me. Tournament tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Tight Lines
    Attached Images Attached Images   

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

not bad at all you did a good job on your tube skirts make sure that your plastic is super hot and then when used do they had part it will look better but you did a fantastic job the good thing about them is you can use different sizes of rods to make bigger skirts in another good thing about doing this is you can take a rod and cut grooves in it and get different effects on the tail. Have a lot of fun experimenting.

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    not bad at all you did a good job on your tube skirts make sure that your plastic is super hot and then when used do they had part it will look better but you did a fantastic job the good thing about them is you can use different sizes of rods to make bigger skirts in another good thing about doing this is you can take a rod and cut grooves in it and get different effects on the tail. Have a lot of fun experimenting.
    The cooking spray Pam worked pretty good to get the rod oily enough to get the tube off the rod Bob. I wish I only had skills to cut grooves in a rod. I will still just buy my tubes from you. My skirts would be good for the "Hula" and would probably catch crappies, but they are nothing like what you are able to do. You can make me a rod with those grooves in it and send it with my next order. Be sure to include the bill.

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking of trying to get in to making my own, yours look good to me way better than what what i could do the first couple of times.
    Balzout Mounts

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    The cooking spray Pam worked pretty good to get the rod oily enough to get the tube off the rod Bob. I wish I only had skills to cut grooves in a rod. I will still just buy my tubes from you. My skirts would be good for the "Hula" and would probably catch crappies, but they are nothing like what you are able to do. You can make me a rod with those grooves in it and send it with my next order. Be sure to include the bill.

Mike
    Mike they do make a razor cutter from lure craft it is a handheld and has about 5 to 6 blades all you do is press down once and it will cut your skirt it doesn't cost that much what was an ideal size of skirts that you guys like the ones that I've been showing in the picture the ones that come from a mold our inch and a half just want some input on what the real size that you guys would really use a lot of we can get them in small sizes I would use another guy I know to do it they go or down to 1 inch piece would cost a little bit and a minimum order on those would be 1000 color I will not quote anything here but if you're wanting that many of those little guys please send me a PM I am sorry they do make one smaller three-quarter inch skirt which this size with the ideal for bluegills.

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My catalog from LureCraft has not arrived yet. I ordered it last week. I will look for it. My ideal size tube is 1.75 or a 2 inch tube - lime green body with white tails. You have a pm showing the bait I make in that color. It is deadly at Guntersville, Weiss, Neely Henry and Logan Martin Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the skirt press from lure craft. Runs about $155 shipped. Can't wait to use it.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali View Post
    I just ordered the skirt press from lure craft. Runs about $155 shipped. Can't wait to use it.
    we have one of those I didn't like the little plastic that you set your plastic bait on and used a piece of wood the blades seem to cut on through better.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali View Post
    Too rich for my blood!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Too rich for my blood!
    x2 !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast