Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does anyone use Scoutlook Fish Log app or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Does anyone use Scoutlook Fish Log app or something similar.

I just learned about the ScoutLook fish log app for smartphones. I am curious if anyone uses it, and what their thoughts are if so. Basically what I've learned is that it costs $3.00 from the Google App Store. It appears that when you catch a fish, or multiple from a location, you open the app, which shows your GPS location, and the app then records weather, time and date. You can also choose from a number of drop downs and record type, measurements, water clarity, lure type (jig, spinner etc). You can also choose depth. Weather is already recorded. When you get home, you can log into the web site, and your entries are there? It appears to work with a mapping program, that your can look at online or from your phone. Looks pretty handy to me for only $3.00. Does anyone have this app, or a similar one that they use. I will appreciate your thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it, but if it was set up correctly, it would be a powerful tool. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fishing&hl=en

I pitched this idea on here a couple years back, but I wanted the info to be sharable among members to create a more comprehensive map. I was using the same google map data/info that this app appears to be utilizing. Wish I would have pursued it!

Thanks for the heads-up!
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Polvo, thanks for adding a link to ScoutLook. I didn't think of that

Post Thanks / Like

polvo, I've wondered a time or two about that little project. I forgot who started the thread and never heard any more about it.

This all sounds good, if I could get decent data coverage on the water! Heck, half the time, I can't even get phone service which honestly, is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I do it the old fashioned way. I have notebooks and pencils. I keep track of every fishing trip in notebooks. It can't disappear on you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    polvo, I've wondered a time or two about that little project. I forgot who started the thread and never heard any more about it.

This all sounds good, if I could get decent data coverage on the water! Heck, half the time, I can't even get phone service which honestly, is fine with me.
    I was the idea guy, but my buddy at work had the technical know-how (smart guy). There wasn't enough people that seemed interested, and we both got really busy at work, so we just let it go. It actually still exists I think, just didn't finish the spit and polish on it.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants