Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for a Kayak Crappie Fishing Buddy here in the KC Metropolitan area.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a Kayak Crappie Fishing Buddy here in the KC Metropolitan area.

Hello, my name is Haywood Parker most people just call me Woody. I am a recently retired ex IT Professional looking for a Kayaking fishing buddy. I bought a new Hobbie Pro Angler kayak last year after finally selling my Lowe 17' Bass Boat. I just love my new Kayak but the wife is always concerned about me going fishing by myself. I live in Lees Summit, but I typically fish Smithville, Jacomo, Longview and Truman lakes. I actually wanted to go out Duck Hunting with my Kayak this winter but thought better of it because I had no one to go with and anything can happen. See I am a Fifty-Two year old Type-1 Diabetic on an Insulin Pump. I contracted this illness at the age of Thirty but continued to work and support my family until the doctor told me last year not to work anymore because of my potential for low-blood sugar. So the wife convinced me to spend my time golfing and fishing. If you are an individual who shares some of the same passion that I have for this Kayak fishing, Bow Hunting and Golf feel free to contact me via E-Mail at [email protected]. Hopefully we can meet and plan some outings. I would like to fish Stockton and Reelfoot in Tennessee this year if possible. I love Big Bluegills and Reelfoot is supposed to be one of the top spots in the country.

Thanks so much for your time.
    I hope your bobber goes under, your line stretches and your live well is full.
    Haywood "Woody" Parker
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

nice first post, welcome to the site, bet you get a hit or two.... If you ever get to stockton, go up sons creek, gravel ramp to launch from and some great goggle eye,pearch,and crappie fishing up the little creek. some walley also. good luck on your retirement. it can be fun. and your wife sounds like a great lady, backing you up on the hunting a nd fishing

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gordon and Seth both kayak and may get out with you. Welcome to the site.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a Mad River Synergy 14'. Kayak fishing is great exercise and a good adventure. I live not far from you in Raymore. We have a 55 acre HOA lake there, but most of the time I'm heading south to Truman. I know where just about every gravel access is on the Grand arm from Tightwad to way up the creek on the Deepwater Crk.

Looking forward to meeting you.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have my kayak out on Stockton this year, I usually hit it in the spring. Shoot me a PM if interested.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site, Woody...hope you find your way around. Gordon already replied, but you might also look for smcfrln (Seth). He lives in Smithville and yaks that lake when he can. But if I was you, I'd follow Gordon down to Truman. The little bit of extra driving will more than compensate for the fish numbers and quality. Well, numbers for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like big gills... and don't mind driving to the north side of the metro, try Tobacco Hills Lake in the Guy B Park wildlife area. It's managed for trophy 'gills... and I've seen some big ones come from that small lake. No gas motors allowed and it's a favorite with the KC Flyfishers. Area Summary

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Woody, good to have you

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. Come join us in our get together this Wednesday. Gordon (KCBrown) they kayak fisher will be there. Look for the Feb Smithville get together post on the board. Hope you can make it.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)