Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: tenkara

Post Thanks / Like

Default tenkara

Has anybody messed around with this tenkara stuff? Im mostly wondering about the rods how is the action do the fish put up a good fight? Alot of the area that I flyfish for gills is close to shore so the short line length isnt an issue and I know the flies will work because theyre all basicly soft hackles and those are usualy killers.
    I only fish on days that start with T, like tuesday, thursday, today, and tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I have played around with it a little bit. (I don't own a tenkara rod, so I used a cheap graphite pole as a substitute.) Despite my poor equipment, I did catch fish.

The rods are specially designed to cast just a mono leader, so I think they'd be pretty fun for playing fish.

There's a ton of info here:

Tenkara Rods, Lines and Flies

... and here:

Tenkara Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to find a cheaper rod for $55 its a fountainhead caddis, Ive heard that theyre great beginner rods so Im gonna order one in the next few days.
    I only fish on days that start with T, like tuesday, thursday, today, and tomorrow.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to hear what you think of that type of fishing Mike.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Ill definately be reviewing it later in the spring when I can get out and use it.