Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Litter control

Post Thanks / Like

Default Litter control

Was heading down the road yesterday and saw this laying in the ditch.......someone was too busy to drop it off at the town-provided recycling place I guess. Dropped the wife off at home and started to back down the driveway....."where you going?" she asks......."to go pick up that tree laying in the ditch" was my obvious response. Now, I've gotten strange looks from her before, but the one she gave me in response to that question ranks up there with the best.......it was only after I got back home with this thing sticking about 8 feet out the back of my truck, and told her it would make a fine crappie bed did she finally understand........well, if you call rolling her eyes, mumbling something like "good grief, now he's hauling home dead trees from the side of the road" or something to that effect, and a what-ever flip of the hand, as meeting the definition of understanding.

Should make a fine LOZ crappie condo.......hope so anyways. Measures about 12 feet long, and maybe 6-7 feet in diameter. I plan to drop it along the channel break in one of our favorite spawning coves.

Name:  tree.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  49.6 KB

Sorry if this bored you......but it's too cold to fish and I'm looking for ways to keep my fishing spirits up.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That will work just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Not unusual at all. My wife doesn't even register it now when I haul home trees on the side of the road, clients homes, etc.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Not unusual at all. My wife doesn't even register it now when I haul home trees on the side of the road, clients homes, etc.
    I'll be keeping my eyes peeled from now on. This one I just couldn't pass up......it is quite a bit bigger than it appears in the picture.......now I have to figure out how to get it down to the lake without it scratching up the boat too bad, or having stuff flying out of the boat as we drive down the road......
    I'm thinking a tarp and tie downs will be needed.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

So...this was the Christmas decorations at our church throughout December. Those Christmas trees on the far left and right were made out of broken up pallets and nailed together - I think they were kinda dangerous to assemble and move around.

I was gonna check to see if they were storing them away to be used in the future, or if they were getting rid of them. Every time I saw those things I'd be thinking about all the fish they would hold! Sure was hard to concentrate on the service!

Name:  Church.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  20.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Now it would be real nice if once you drop it you would post a image of it with co ordinates that would be hush hush on here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    Now it would be real nice if once you drop it you would post a image of it with co ordinates that would be hush hush on here.
    Oh, I would be happy to share with the CDC regulars that might find it a good place to look for fish.......I have certainly fished over brush that others have been kind enough to plant in the lake, so if I have a chance to share, heck why not. Like I said, it will be placed in one of the spawning coves that we like to hit in april/may (hint: we hit the Glaize arm pretty hard in april and may, and we don't normally travel more than a mile or two from the PB launch).........there are no shortage of those at LOZ, we prolly have 10-15 that we hit that time of year........probably the same ones others on here hit. A PM from any regular would be honestly answered......I can't guarantee any images though, the fish finders are way more sophisticated than I have figured out yet, but I am sure my 18 yr old son will have no trouble with it; those youngsters are WAY smarter than I am. We'll have to see if it attracts any fish first, should know that here in another few weeks......keeping my fingers crossed. It will be atleast a week or two before it goes in, then ask away.
    Last edited by grb22; 01-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a spruce tree in our yard die last summer during the heat and dry weather. It was about 20ft tall and 8ft across. I cut it in three sections and made three nice beds out of it. I sunk it in October and one of them is starting to hold fish. I had fun hauling mine 20 miles to the lake then going down the lake and trying to keep it from blowing out of the boat. LOL!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZ Targa View Post
    We had a spruce tree in our yard die last summer during the heat and dry weather. It was about 20ft tall and 8ft across. I cut it in three sections and made three nice beds out of it. I sunk it in October and one of them is starting to hold fish. I had fun hauling mine 20 miles to the lake then going down the lake and trying to keep it from blowing out of the boat. LOL!!!!!!
    That's kind of what I expect........follow the trail of twigs and broken limbs and you'll probably see me off loading at the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that is kindness make sure they are holding fish then tell where they are. I look forward to hearing how it goes. Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast