Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glen Elder Ice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glen Elder Ice?

Hey guys, I'm an NE guy looking to fish some KS ice if its at all possible. I've heard good things about glen elder recently but haven't found any current ice conditions. I was wanting to hit up a bigger lake next week but might have to stick to NE if the ice is soft in KS. Anyone got any reports?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Monday an ice fisherman from Hutchinson had a real good day. Everyone caught their limit of crappie. The caught a lot of white bass also. Yesterday none of them did very good. However, they are not in yet today so cannot give you a report. The ice on west side of the causeway has been 5 to 6 inches thick. We are to have a warm up this weekend, I am not sure what that will do the ice. This is on Glen Elder lake by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Glen Elder Ice?

Yeah I'll definitely have to pay attention if I'm looking to go there next week. We're gonna have a warm up then cool for a few days, then back warm so I'll have to play by ear....or forum :p

Post Thanks / Like

If you are planning on coming to glen to fish, you better check ahead to see how the ice is. There was fisherman went through the ice last night, i don't think he was hurt. Here is a number to call 785-781-4388 this is Cecil Miller fishing guide out of Cawker City. My number is 785-781-4482 we have own a lodge also in Cawker city.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok great, thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, what has this weather been doing to the ice out there? Anyone been to lovewell? Is there decent out there?

Post Thanks / Like

We had ice fisherman from the KC area here over the weekend. They did very well yesterday. Just be careful on the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got reports from this week? Thinking bout heading that way tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to be there watching the sun rise and putting the slabs on ice... I hope anyway!! lol
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be out there till around noon cause I'm working the overnight then leaving to drive there ASAP! If anyone's got some info on the ice or area's to fish then let me know please! PM's work fine :p What are the names of the local bait shops? I'm gonna check in with some of them to get an idea where to fish and where the ice is thickest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast