Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's up with the weather?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool What's up with the weather?

I live in North West Florida and I went fishing yesterday in a pair of shorts and flip-flops. Last week it was in the 30's and the water temp in the lake I fish (Deer Point) was in the low 50's. Yesterday (1/10/12) the water temp was in the mid 60's. I know my fellow Crappie friends that live in the northen states would love to have some fishing weather like this but in my area the water temp effects the spawn more than you think. Fishing yesterday was very slow and the fish seem to be scattered rather than located near or on structure. All the fish I caught were full of roe (eggs). In the past when the water temp was between 45 and 50 degrees (usually during Jan and Feb) the spawn would begin. Now that the water temp is in the mid 60's the crappie are confused. LOL I guess I will have to adjust my fishing habits. I'll tell the wife that I need to go fishing everyday so I can record these weather changes and locate the spawn. LOL Good fishing to all my fishing friends.
    Chet

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! Our spawn is still several months out. it was 50 degrees here yesterday, right now its sleeting with 2" of snow right behind the sleet.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Good luck! Our spawn is still several months out. it was 50 degrees here yesterday, right now its sleeting with 2" of snow right behind the sleet.

The weather is still in the 70's and I plan on going again tomorrow..I sure don't want the sleet and snow. LOL. If I do good tomorrow I'll post some pictures. Chet