Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider Rigging Rod holder ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rigging Rod holder ?

Ive got a scotty mount in the front of my kayak and am buying a scotty triple rod holder base off ebay. Was wondering what type of rod holders i should get for spider rigging? I was looking at either the cabelas quickdraw or the standard scotty spinning/baitcaster model? Was interest in the quickdraw because it would make getting the rod out of the rod holder easier, but was wondering if anyones used one?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used them, but I'd buy the ones that allowed for the easiest/quickest removal of the rod.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I think Scotty makes those for Cabelas so all of the parts (so to speak) will work fine together. It will come down to a personal preference as to which one(s) you like the best or think you'll like. Buy one of each to see, and go from there.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what your paying for all of that , but I have a hitek rod holder setup that can go in the jon boat or the kayak. It set me back $100 but it's versatile. It bolts through the same mounting as a scotty holder. Just throwing it out there. Name:  rodholders.jpg
Views: 4951
Size:  139.1 KB