Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bobby Garland Slab Dockt'r

14 93.33%
  • Kalin's Crappie Scrub

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Kalin's Crappie Scrub vs. Bobby Garland Slab Dockt'r

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kalin's Crappie Scrub vs. Bobby Garland Slab Dockt'r

I've used Kalin's Crappie Scrubs, pretty good impact on the fish, catches crappie, bream and bass (the small to medium ones). It has great action in the water with the little paddle tails in the back and grabs their attention, stopping it provides the opportunity for them to strike.

Kalin'sŪ Crappie Scrub Soft Baits | Bass Pro Shops

Bobby Garland's Slab Dockt'r is new this year, Basically the same design except the body is a different shape, because of that it is 1/2" longer and the tails are different. Now i haven't seen the motion of this in the water, so i don't know how much action those kicker tails will have vs. the paddle tails.

http://www.basspro.com/Bobby-Garland...1211210700433/

Believe it or not, but on some days those paddle tails seem to turn those fish off to this bait, which is why I've been keep my eye on those Slab Dockt'r to see if i should pick some up.

Post Thanks / Like

Still trying to find 'em Slab Dockt'r baits. Academy is very slow getting these newest baits into their inventories. Trying to be patient.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the BG bait. Their plastic is very supple but durable in my opinion.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both products in stock.

Monk Monk's Crappie

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why we carry a bag of tricks. I've had days when the curl tail barely got a chance to fall, and the next day you were lucky to get a bite. Change to a assassin or baby shad and it was like the previous day. Can't explain it, but I carry a box of BGBS, curlies, and assassins. They each produce on their own days.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used the Kalin's bait but I've been using the Slab Dockt'R since Oct.
    It's a great multi purpose bait. I really like how it skips in the water but my favorite
    thing about it is the action of the tails. It's larger profile and twin tails flutter on a fall or twitched.
    It's putting a lot of crappie in my boat.
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

makin' plans to stop by Bass Pro shop today to pick up a package of the Slab Dockt'r and test the motion in the water.