Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got schooled @ Truman today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got schooled @ Truman today.

Started early from Long Shoal. Tried my favorite spot-1 dink. Headed down towards the dam area. Tried favorite spot #2, nothin. Tried favorite spot #3, 2 10"fish. Tried favorite spot #4, 3 10" fish. Hold crap, almost noon and 5 dinks in the well. Not enough hours in the day for me to get a limit at this rate. Remembered I passed over a huge school of shad on the way down the lake. Thought I better go back and fish the shad. Fished them stinking shad for 1 hour-not a thump. Starting to stink myself, pumped out livewell, threw 5 fish back, put rods in storage--I quit. Decided to scout around some coves and play with locator. Passed another large school of shad. As I approached the first cove, locater shows school of shad-play with locater and holy crap-the crappie god answered. Locator shows shad but also shows active school of game fish. Get rod back out and catch crappie-nice ones. Headed for next cove-same thing. School of shad and active game fish havin dinner. Catch crappie-nice ones. Already had 5 in the well, gotta quit at 10. Am a creature of habit, I usually fish my favorite spots. I think during the winter months I am gonna spend more time with the locator. This was great fishin in open water. Pics attached-they are pretty crummy. Pic 1-fished these shad 1 hour-nothin.
    Pic 2, didn't even stop. Pic 3, half a limit. Pic 4, finished up. Pic 3 and 4 were both at the mouth of coves, that's where I caught fish.

Name:  pic#1.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  59.4 KBName:  pic#2.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  51.0 KBName:  pic#3.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  53.4 KBName:  pic#4.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  61.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Paid off staying with them---- WTG Congrags

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got on some fish. Them electronics sure will pay for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is awesome excellent photos of the graph too. That's why the pro's get those big graphs brother, because they put you on fish. I've fished with a lot of guys who just use them for depth, and they spend 3grand or better on some of them. Either way nice post.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta change with the seasons,winter is about the only time I fish open water but thats where we find em,glad you figured em out.Congrats on the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

thats pretty cool. thanks for posting. i never know what im looking at half the time. i would have thought they were bass and kept driving. lol thanks for the pics. i need a lesson in electronics

Post Thanks / Like

Great work, and great pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, bet it felt good seeing your electronics pay off.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome man! I just got a 598 side/down imaging the other day and I have been out twice with it. I have a lot to learn on identifying things but I'm already seeing the gains!! Great story!!

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding no sense having the toys if you don't play with them, congrats on the day,,,, and I would have kept the first 5... make a nice meal for the old ladies around,and an ole codger or two...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast