Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What cha think folks...tourney thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What cha think folks...tourney thoughts?

Just wonderin' about a "back to basics" Slabfest with the guidelines of one rod/up to 2 lures/per angler with presentation of choice. With Florida's "relaxed" fishing regs, I think this would be a simple way for the non "beefed-up" members or wanna be members to enjoy a slabfest with an even playing field.

u2s

Post Thanks / Like

I thing you know I would like it, but it may put a crimp on most people as they only multiple rod fish. I like the competition against the multiple rod fisherman as most of the time only jig fish with one rod at the slabfests. Would make for an interesting slabfest though...............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by up2specks View Post
    Just wonderin' about a "back to basics" Slabfest with the guidelines of one rod/up to 2 lures/per angler with presentation of choice. With Florida's "relaxed" fishing regs, I think this would be a simple way for the non "beefed-up" members or wanna be members to enjoy a slabfest with an even playing field.

u2s
    It seems to me that about 90% of the new people get on here to learn about beefing up.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

I only have 14 rods out when my son fishes with me and 10 when I fish by myself...because I can't find anyway to mount MORE!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by up2specks View Post

u2s
    If you want a back to basics tourney, I think 8 rods per boat...Most folks fish with more than 8, I can fish up to 16 in my boat.... And at even 8 rods, that's a good starting place for a beginner to learn to fish....Just my

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I like the single rod idea....especially this time of year. It could be problematic for those who only know how to push/pull(or just realize this is the best method for the most fish).
    Interesting thought up2specks. Not sure I would call it 'back to basics' as it takes a little bit of coaxing fish out of the wood, brush and pads. It's a nice workout too.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappielover View Post
    Personally, I like the single rod idea....especially this time of year. It could be problematic for those who only know how to push/pull(or just realize this is the best method for the most fish).
    Interesting thought up2specks. Not sure I would call it 'back to basics' as it takes a little bit of coaxing fish out of the wood, brush and pads. It's a nice workout too.
    FIRST-- I'll bet you any amount of money that everyone here single pole fished for crappie before ever fishing with multiple poles. I like to do dock shooting. That is a single pole method. Now tell me, which is more exciting, having three or more rods go down at one time or fishing single rod and cathing single fish at a time.

SECOND-- I will keep the same amount of fish doing it either way. When I get home from a day on the water I really don't want to clean 20 or 25 fish. Heck, most of the time I will give all my fish to someone fishing from the docks.

Just my

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

I cant catch anything with 10 poles out--------dont think i want to reduce!
    CG1 "Dances with fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Come on now CG, your just having a bad year so far, things can turn around on the next trip out. I am having my slowest year on the river so far. But I know this can turn around on my next trip. For now I'm changing up and trying some of the lakes, always have trouble with them, so far it's a little slow but I'm learning (trolling) caught a few nice ones yesterday in the wind and rain so I'll be back to give them another shot when the wind not so bad.............

Can you mount 20 rods on that toon???? Can't hurt, keep pullin sooner or later you'll find em.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only reel in one at a time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast