Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Took Friday Off from work - I'm going to try it again

Post Thanks / Like

Default Took Friday Off from work - I'm going to try it again

I am going to try it again this Friday.

Questions I have that you guys can help me out with.

#1. Do I "NEED" to have Minnows and tip my Jigs with them?
    #2. Should I mix up the menu a bit and have some rods with JUST minnows and Some Rods with JUST Jigs and some Rods with Jigs tipped with Minnows?
    #3. I plan on going out alone this time, should I only use 4 Rods or should I put all 8 out?
    #4. When you find a School of fish on your sonar unit, do you still have your rods at different depths or do you start off with all rods at "that" depth? The way I was doing it on Sunday was I would make my pass for the iPilot to record and during that pass I would see schools of fish at 15 FOW so when I started my recorded pass I would have my rods set at 15'.

Thanks a bunch guys, hopefully this Friday will give me better results than Sunday.

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You ever hook up with Smitty?

Post Thanks / Like

No, I've sent him a couple of PM's. Haven't gotten any replies. He probably doesn't want to go guiding over the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

He hasn't been posting any lately. I,ve seen him on facebook..... I'll try to get him for ya...

Post Thanks / Like

PMed him

Post Thanks / Like

After Reading this little article... Crappie Corner - Channel Bends for Winter Crappie

I think I'll focus on Bends of the Channels and have 4 rods with each rod holding a different size, type and color bait.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try setting a couple of your rods at depth then a couple at about a foot shallower and a couple more a foot or so shallower than that. Let the fish tell you how deep to fish. I always tip my jigs with a minnow specially this time of year. Good luck and be safe.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What Cray said.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry but my dsl went down 12/23 and they just got it online again... I sent you my cellphone ## in a pm.. again.. sorry I missed you. all my info is on slabfest.org.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson