Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest Repost - thread deleted inadvertantly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contest Repost - thread deleted inadvertantly

We need a story of a outing taking a kid fishing with photos. May the best story and photos win. Must be submitted by Dec. 20 , 2012.

Two Billbob Koozies and a Crappie.com Black LED Flashlight.

I'm re-posting this - I'll explain later.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

For Gindog:

Attachment 108290
    Attachment 108291Attachment 108292
    These are my two youngest boys that live at home. I have not been fishing much in my life and had not been any good at teaching them how to fish. I have been watching videos to help learn how to fish and then teach them.I have come up with me and both boys making our own jugs to fish with. We do a everything together from start to finish and it's has been with the help of some of y'all. We went out Friday and did not do to well with only 2 small fish, but the boys had a blast and were ready to go again today. Today we hit the jackpot and caught more fish than we had ever before. They weren't able to feel the tug on the pole but seeing the look on the boys face when the jugs dipped and popped was priceless. There's something I remember as a kid, with my dad saying don't jerk to hard on the line because they have paper thin mouths. Just get the line tight. My dad always took them to the pond to pole fish on thanksgiving when we'd be at his house. We lost him 3 years ago to cancer and sure would hate for them to lose the fun of fishing. They were really getting burned out not catching any fish. This is a real pick me up to go back to crappie fishing. Both boys pole fish a creek every day out here in NLR. They never caught any but always were talking about the one that got a way. Well today we had one of the best days we every had in a long time fishing. Sorry in not a very good story teller.

Owner

Post Thanks / Like

For Shipahoy41:

There is nothing like having the family all together. We have all heard talk about the "generation gap" and there has probably never been a larger gap than there is today. Think about how everything has changed from the time when many of us were young. The music has changed. We have gone from the "The Temptations and Smokey Robinson” to "Gangsta Rap." Dress has changed. When I was a boy we used to patch holes in blue jeans. Kids now want to cut holes out of blue jeans. They want to “droop” their pants. Fashion has changed. Women are not the only gender who are wearing earrings. Now everything is pierced from the nose, the tongue, the lip, to the belly button. Let's face it. We have teenagers who are out of control, and kids in elementary school who are already committing violence without feeling anything in their consciences. F.A.M.I.L.Y. = Father And Mother I Love You. Regardless of who we are today, or what status we might have achieved in life, it is because we are standing on the shoulders of our family. It is their blood, their sweat, their prayers and their tears who have birthed us.

It doesn't take anything but the physical equipment to be a parent, but it takes a hard work and commitment to be a Christian parent. That parent is probably the parent who is taking the time to introduce their child to crappie fishing. We all should take the time to reach and teach our youth about fishing before it is too late. They are all eager to learn. Don't make it boring but just reach out to them and show them a few knots and lures to help them catch some fish. They seem very interested with whatever you were showing them. They know you can never sell young individuals short. You may be teaching them something, but if you hang out with them long enough, you will find that they are intelligent, and if you listen, you will learn something, too.

It's adults, it’s crappie fishermen, who volunteer their time to teach or mentor kids, that will keep the kids you influence from becoming the kind of "bad news" that we hear on the news all the time. It is crappie fishermen who provide the teaching and guidance in life and fishing to the next generation. Everybody has a hero or a mentor they look up to when it comes to fishing. Parents, and fishers of men, can help get someone started by taking the whole family fishing a few times a year. A crappie fisherman never give up on catching a fish and never gives up on life and lives it to the fullest. Crappie fishermen are very competitive when it comes to being one on one with the fish. At the end of the day though, they are just happy that they are blessed enough to enjoy God's great creation.

We all should take the time to reach and teach our youth about fishing before it is too late. They are all eager to learn. Don't make it boring but just reach out to them and show them a few knots and lures to help them catch some fish. They will be very interested with whatever you are showing them. It is a way to get kids out doing something that they might not have done ever before. You will find that they are intelligent, and if you listen, you will learn something, too. Take the time. Make the time to teach or mentor the youth about Crappie fishing. Together, we can influence them into doing something fun and positive and perhaps they will not end up "in trouble that we hear on the news.

You all have a lot of information to reach and teach the youth about fishing. Your opportunity might come because of your affiliation with a youth group at church, volunteering with a cub scout group, as a parent volunteer or teacher’s assistant in a classroom or reaching out to help in a fishing derby. I can remember, taking a bb split shot, flattening it on a jig hook and making "Aspirin head jigs". Yes I painted them with a shot of spray paint, not fingernail polish. I made a "Poor man's fishing bucket" with a detachable rod holder for fishing from the bank. I made "The Quiver carrier" out of PVC to carry rods through the woods and keep them safe from the trunk in your car. I started tying lures and making ice jigs at the age of 11. I owe my love of fishing to an old man who stopped by one day and took me fishing.

My Dad (Deceased) taught me how to fish and took me fishing

My brother (Deceased) Gave me a love of boating

Owner

Post Thanks / Like

For rcornish:

Took my newphew and neice fishing, along with my grandmother (their great-grandmother). Grandmother loved fishing a long time back, but just doesn't get around all that much anymore. She especially loved crappie fishing. Anyway, took all of them to a local lake nearby that has easy access. Had a little picnic lunch and really enjoyed the out with the family. My nephew, who is just 5 or 6, had never been fishing before. He had a blast. The lake had a pocket or two of bluegills, really apt to steal bait more then be caught and he was having a hard time getting a good hook set. I helped him set a few hooks and let him do the landing from that point. Of course, after we caught about seven or eight that way it became a contest between him and my niece and grandmother, that he was winning. Of course after that, he did start getting the hang of things and caught several more by himself. This one just one of the several that he caught and returned so he could show his Mom what a great day it had been.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

For Bearclaw:

My church,Bethany presbyterian, had a youth camp deal at cane creek park this weekend,I was asked to take some kids fishing,and as you know I like to see kids fishing so I said yes sure I willbanghead.I along with my friend Gregg was the two boats to take,12 yes TWELVE kids fishing,we split it up two trips each with 3 girls and then three boys.The day didnt start too good as my boat wouldnt hit a lick at the landing,,I got Gregg to tow me close to where I was planning on fishing it was flooded I guess,it cranked fine after bout an hour of fishing,.We each had 3 girls on the first outing.My girls for the trip,ages,,5,,8,,and 12, they caught 14 fish ,they took turns on catching.Here is Ada with her very first fish( We started out small so we could work our way up to bigger fishRofl)She caught 5 and seems like each time it was her turn,the fish would bite the longest rod,,kinda astruggle for a 3'6" kid to habdle a 12 foot rod.I helped her but she did all the reeling

and heres Haley and Skyler with a couple

heres a "live action" shot of a triple the girls had
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Also for Bearclaw:

Now the boys,,had 3 boys,8,9 and 13.They caught 5 fish each,satrted with the youngest,Colby with an 11"

Luke and Kaiden
    heres the triple of the morning for the boys
    The lord blessed us,all in all I had a good morning putting the kids on some fish,,no monsters,had six ,11 inches and biggest of the day was bout 11.5..We longlined trolled 1/16 oz jigs in 14 to 20 foot of water today,,most fish caught in the same general area.I was busy,I was the captian,first mate,photographer and drill instructor!!
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Alright guys and girls. This thread was inadvertently deleted. I tried to fix the order of some threads and ended up deleting the whole thread. I've learned that if you delete the first post in a thread, the whole thread is deleted, and that's what I did. The first post is what I was correcting, it did not belong there as the first post. It was copied from another thread and because it was dated earlier than the original first post, it ended up being the first post. Well, this may sound confusing, but the end result is what we are currently stuck with, with no way to fix it.

The only reason I was able to re-post the content of the first page is because it was still in my browsers "cache". The second page and the third page are complete lost unless someone out there still has a copy of it in their cache. You can use your back button to see if it's there, but only if you were just recently on the page. If it's there, like I did, copy the content and re-post it for the original poster.

If your post is not here now, and if you still have it saved somewhere else, like in "Notepad" or a Document somewhere, please re-post it.

I apologize for this. Live and learn. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Slab; 12-21-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: sorry all
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Alright guys and girls. This thread was inadvertently deleted. I tried to fix the order of some threads and ended up deleting the whole thread. I've learned that if you delete the first post in a thread, the whole thread is deleted, and that's what I did. The first post is what I was correcting, it did not belong there as the first post. It was copied from another thread and because it was dated earlier than the original first post, it ended up being the first post. Well, this may sound confusing, but the end result is what we are currently stuck with, with no way to fix it.
    If this is the case, my story won. LOL. Just kidding. I looked for my story in the cache, but was unable to find it.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

We have two winners. And these winners were actually on the short list before we lost the reast of the stories. So all the stories were taken into account. I apologize for loosing the other stories profusely. I can't believe that happened. But none the less, we have some winners. And luckily for us, they happened to be here still.

Both Shipahoy41 and Gindog are winners. Congrats, you both will receive the prize. Please PM me your mailing address and mention the contest name too. Thank you all for your participation.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you so much. The boys can't wate to get them in the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast