Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost to paint

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost to paint

How much should 100-1/16 or smaller head cost to painted? I had a guy not on here give me a price at a bait shop. He wanted .40 each to paint them. I thinking I would be better off going a different way. I was going o get 4 colors 100 in 1/16 and 100 in 1/32

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

His price isn't to for off the mark. I don't sell just painted jigheads because it takes to long to pour/clean/paint/cure and I tie jigs so I use all that I paint myself. For someone with a small pouring/painting setup you are looking at a couple of hours worth of work for them. The guys that sell painted jigheads can do them faster but they still have to make some money on their jigheads to keep doing them. Time you spend a few hundred dollars to get set up and your time to do the jigs you will see that $40 per 100 isn't so bad.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry no I have to supply the jigs and him just paint them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy you a couple jars of powder paint and use your wife's hair dryer and do you own, you can do over 50 an hour and powder paint is only about $6 a jar in lots of colors... I never bake mine, they don't last long enough to bake them....... one dip with the orange and done, and using a better heat gun, I usually don't have to clean out the hole in the hook, gets warm enough to melt right nice........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I have to do some looking in to it à

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    Sorry no I have to supply the jigs and him just paint them.
    Doing your own jigs it won't cost you much and you can paint them when you need em.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You could buy the paint and a toaster oven cheaper than buying them at that price. I sell them by the hundred painted and cured for half of what he wanted to paint them for. Let one of us know if you don't decide to do it yourself. Be glad to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

If I didn't get a good deal in jigheads and not paint myself. I'd be looking for a better price than that.

Post Thanks / Like

I just went through this.

I bought my plain tri-head red sickle jigs for $12 per 100. Really nice looking. Then I ordered everything I needed to powder coat and am waiting for it all to arrive.....delonghi toaster oven arrived today. Even though the guy here on the forum is very fair in his painted jig prices ($2.25 per 10) it came down to I wanted a custom color and it interested me.

I have never saved a dime doing stuff like this as I always "need" something else. Reloading, hydrographics, tools, parts, .....you name it....always started as being 'cheaper' when really it is to keep my mind occupied on doing quirky things like this.... I am sure I will eventually start pouring lead because I have two 5gal buckets of wheel weights.

When ever I tell my wife I am getting or doing something to "save money", she just rolls her eyes and says 'What Ever"....

.......just saying if you want to save real money buy them already painted from someone on the forum.

Not even sure painted jig heads make a difference or not in catching more fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast