Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marion on Sunday?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marion on Sunday?

Is there anyone hitting Marion on Sunday? I am just starting to learn about crappie fishing. I have been lurking and reading alot since i found cdc a couple of weeks ago. I found the biologist # on the site so i am calling today hoping to get some structure coordinates fo a head start. My son is here from Tx. on the 22 Dec for a week so im trying to get a trip in beforehand to maximize his time here. (weather permitting). Any current reports woud be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I reccommend fishing either Broken bridge of the inlet of the dam for crappie at Marion. If nothing there go to the County Lake and fish from the dock.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think crappiedoc fishes Marion every now and then, maybe he will chime in here and help you out.
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of weeks ago, the crappie were quite active in front of the gates at the dam. I'm not sure how they are now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslinger View Post
    I think crappiedoc fishes Marion every now and then, maybe he will chime in here and help you out.

I was wondering about boat ramps myself
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend the South Cottonwood River along Indigo Rd. just south of hillsboro not too far SW of marion. lots of slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    I was wondering about boat ramps myself
    I was curios about that myself. I usually launch at Cottonwood Cove. I have been a pretty dedicated walleye troller/drifter but really want to get into crappie for a change. Thannks for the tips. I used to catfish the broken bridge so i know that spot as far as driving the goes. I will check out a map for the river area Crappie Commander is recommending. I fish a 21' pontoon so Cottonwod cove is the ramp i used a month ago hopefully the water hasn't gone down too much.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the east shore would probably be deeper than cottonwood. I think cottonwood might be coned off. It was pretty shallow a month ago when I was trying to catch shad over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Commander View Post
    I would recommend the South Cottonwood River along Indigo Rd. just south of hillsboro not too far SW of marion. lots of slabs

I like it better straight south of Marion, ever tried there.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Are these area's private land, accessable by boat or public walk in? I am not at all familiar with the area other than a few times to the broken bridge and half a dozen lake trips.
    I live in Hutch and usually fish Cheney or Kanopolis lakes. The water level sent me to Marion this year where i have done fairly well with the walleyes when i can get the chance. But the rivers are completely unknown to me. Thanks for your responses I really want to get him on some good fish while he's home. Won't see him again till summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast