Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: this will be of interest to most of us guys on plastics

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default this will be of interest to most of us guys on plastics

I got a pm just a little while ago asking me about duel injectors from Bass tackle crappiefarmer was having trouble of the hot plastic coming out of injectors after he sucked it up into them I told him to keep the end of it kept up until he gets ready to shoot I will post his p.m. here and I would like to hear from you guys on your output.
    Hey Snake, I have an issue with the bass tackle twinjector and I was wondering if You have the same issues and if there is any good way around it?

When i first suck plastic up into the injectors and remove them from the pyrex cups, they run plastic bad. I put them in the blending block as fast as possible but the runs are causing irregular laminate shots. Shot a pink/white baby shad today and the bottom 2 baits in the mold were pure white, the next two were mixed up, almost marbled and then the rest were fine.

The running out of the injectors is causing the blending block to fill unbalanced and is messing up my laminates. Just wondering if You have experience this too and have figured out a way to work around it? Thanks for any info You can give.CF

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think your issue is probably coming from your plastic being too hot. Mine will slightly drip if i dont get it in the block in a timely manner. But it shouldnt run out. You will get your best laminates in the 315 degree range or less. Of course if one color has mica it will need to be a little hotter than the oher color.

Post Thanks / Like

RonDon, do you have a web site?