Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: december 1st, Mississippi river, but not crappies...

Post Thanks / Like

Default december 1st, Mississippi river, but not crappies...

hey folks, I had to get out and enjoy this beauty-ful day somewhere's, so I headed up to the confluence of the mizery and the missssissiipppi
    there were 6 of us, in 3 different boats. the goal was big kitty-cats. we ran out the MO to the 'sippi and eventually to alton lock and dam. in my boat we did fair on catfish, I caught 3 nice channels and a small blue, and my buddy arron caught a small blue as well. the other 2 boats only caught 1 cat each, but one was a 30lb blue and one was a 49lb blue. so I guess it was a pretty good day of catfishin.
    I did hook into 2 fish that gave me a run for my money, and I thought they were gonna be big blues. but no, I had anchored over a school of lake sturgen. and dang do these things fight hard!! the first one I caught ripped drag on and off for over 10 minutes, at one point my line counter baitcaster was reading over 300ft of line out. stayed on the bottom until the very end. when he finaly came up, WHAT THE POO?? a sturgen??? he barely fit in my net... weighed 34lbs!!! what a neat creature. a little while later another run, another long fight and another suprise... this one went a shade under 20lbs. sorry for the crappy pic of the 20lber, she self released after only 1 picture. lmao! never caught one near this big but I want to catch more of em, they will flat wear you out!!!
    Name:  30 lberIMAG0243.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  47.4 KB
    Name:  20 lberIMAG0246.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  36.7 KB
    Name:  aaronIMAG0247.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  57.9 KB

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool nice catch!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

nice story, sounds like a great day. never seen a sturgeon river or lake, sure sounds like a great fight though..congrats. man

Post Thanks / Like

wow what a dinosaur...... the fish I mean

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure them bad boy's gave you all one heck of a fight. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Never seen such a thing....I bet that wa fun fun fun Congrtats

Post Thanks / Like

I see those special rod holders are being put to good use. Sounds like a good day out with the guys.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, guys. it was a great day out. had another good afternoon on the water today here in washington. the fish weren't biting but man, what weather! saw a dozen or so boats out there today, all tied together in pairs floating down the river. music jammin' and having a good time -almost like summer.