Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: other fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default other fish

Ok, I've caught my share of stripes, crappie, small and largemouths, catfish, sauger, and of course skipjacks and drum on the TN River. However I've only caught about three or four yellow perch ever here, and no walleye. I'm curious as to what kind of luck others have had fishing between Florence and lower Guntersville Lake catching either of those. I'm curious about the walleye if there are any, and I wonder where the sauger go during the warmer months.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back, when the sauger were around, I used to catch a fair number of yellow perch. I have caught two walleye at Guntersville also. Have not seen a shovelbill in quite some time. Caught one chain pickerel(sp?) and a buddy pulled in a small alligator gar or short nose gar.

Post Thanks / Like

i have caught several yellow perch in the lake and below the dam, also some walleye below the dam, all in cold weather. a couple of years ago i was in the mouth of the flint during spring and found a large school of very young shovelbills in the shallows, have not seen any since

Post Thanks / Like

Years...years back we used to catch many yellow perch at roseberry in scottsboro. Are there some islands just down river from there? I was young then but I remember catching them in that are razor gills!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Roseberry last week caught 4 yellow perch for 1 crappie caught.Roseberry and north salty has plenty of yellow perch, just fish near the bottom.

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Alabamaal, I see roseberry mentioned often, and I am not familiar with this location. Where is it located, and would this be a good place to take a kid fishing? Thanks, spaceman.

Post Thanks / Like

Roseberry is over in Scottsboro, on the north side of river

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thanks. Will look at the lake map, and might take my son sometime soon for a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught a few yellow perch but only by accident. They eat great if you can get some size to them. No walleye, just sauger for me.