Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good Day On Logan Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Day On Logan Martin

Got on the water right at daybreak and hit some of my favorite brush piles. On my first stop the crappie bit a jig on the second cast and then wouldn't hit anything but minnows for the next hour or so. Moved to my next spot and it was just the opposite, they would only hit jigs vertically danced directly over the brush. Between the two of us, kept (25) 10 - 11" fish and culled five short to 9". Water temps started at 57 and rose to 63 by 2:00 when I had to get home. Is it me or do the fish seem to turn off when the sun gets high in the sky? In my last four trips the bite was good up until about noon to one o'clock.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job there man, sounds like you had a fun day. You are correct in your thinking, most of the time it seems like the fish slow way down around the middle of the day if not before. They also will usually turn on about an hour or two before dark.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PW1. Great report. Sounds like you had a super day! Today, the bite came late for me. In fact, it didn't start until right before I had to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Roger. It was a good day of fellowship with one of my new fishing buddies and hopefully he will be fishing with me in the Spring with the club. I'm still not catching the size required to compete with you and the guys I saw at the weigh-in, but it was a great day to be on the water and his family is eating big tonight. I need to call you some time to get you thoughts/advice on some new rods for spider rigging.

Best regards,