Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobbler with Jig or without ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobbler with Jig or without ?

Just wondering about how you guys enjoy using jigs for some slabs? I normally try to run jigs with a little hopping motion I normailly dotn use a bobbler. So do you guys enjoy using a bobbler for jigs or not ? If so how do yall work it ?
    Love Fish Love the Water and Love your children most important of all !

Post Thanks / Like

Myself, I use a slow, steady retrieve with a jig (and plastic) along the bottom while the water temps are still over 50 degrees. When it drops below that (maybe after the next couple of days here, with forecasted 20 degree nights!), I'll be using a bobber with 2 small 1/32 oz. marabou jigs suspended below....with hardly any movement and a very slow retrieve. If there's some wave action, I'll just let the bobber sit.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

no bobber here, i just work the jig through cover with feel virtical. i use a 7ft rod and dont run the jig any deeper than that.(unless forced to by bottom hugging fish) i also use a swivel small enough to go through the rod guide. these two things allow me to reel down TO the jig head slowly and quietly pop it off, so i dont disturb the school too much. go yankin on a hung jig and its game over. ill comonly get snagged up a half doz. times, and remove, before they shut off or i pull most of the active ones from that cover. when that happends, go fish some other spots and come back to the good ones that you messed up later.

Post Thanks / Like

i fish jigs both ways; seems like sometimes i have better luck with one than the other; i just see which one is working better, or what mood i'm in, haha

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

After being schooled on the effectiveness of a jig n float I have to say that I do keep one handy, and try it on most every trip. When it's on it's a bunch of fun, and it keeps your offering just above the grabby stuff. That is a good thing that satisfies my frugal(cheap) side. I've seen some very large crappie fall to the technique.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

90% without a bobber & 10% with a bobber.

When they are very shallow is when i use it or in the peak of the spawn

Post Thanks / Like

Most everyone sounds like me lol I am a hardcore bobbler guy allot of times its a snap but sometimes if im wanting to do a little jigging I go with the slip cork!
    Love Fish Love the Water and Love your children most important of all !

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Crestliner08;2078542]Myself, I use a slow, steady retrieve with a jig (and plastic) along the bottom while the water temps are still over 50 degrees. When it drops below that (maybe after the next couple of days here, with forecasted 20 degree nights!), I'll be using a bobber with 2 small 1/32 oz. marabou jigs suspended below....with hardly any movement and a very slow retrieve. If there's some wave action, I'll just let the bobber sit. [/QUOTE]

This.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bobbers are for kids...I use a strike indicator

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I use the float/ bobber/ strike indicator or dinner time warning device it will always be rigged to slip on the line until it reaches the designated destination halt knot. I will use that setup about 90% of the time from shore. When I am on a boat I will use the the float/ bobber/ strike indicator or dinner time warning device about 25% of the time and that is to keep the lure above structure.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast