Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Day On The Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting Day On The Water

Lenny needed fish for his in laws so we're off to the lake, thinking it was under control. 30 minutes after starting he says "whats up with my trolling motor?" (details to follow as soon as he figures it out tonight ). So here we are, 3 fish in the well and no electric, or at least almost none. I said lets go switch boats, he says "lets tough it out for awhile". What followed was one of the most fun and educational days I've had in awhile. We drifted open water, drifted from tree to tree, hooked on when we could reach a limb, reached, leaned, grunted, poked and almost fell out more than once. Even fished the same tree for 20 minutes at a time once or twice (which if anyone knows us is against the grain). Haven't fished trees that thorough since, well, maybe ever. Sure if anyone saw us they thought we'd flipped,,,,,but we sent him home early afternoon with 25 keepers and turned loose a few more. He gets credit for biggest of the day, we estimated it at 1.40 but didn't have time to weigh it as we were too busy grabbing limbs and back it went for another day. Turned the day from a disaster into a chance to think outside the box and be creative instead of always relying on 80 lbs of thrust. Thanks for the fun day Lenny, wouldn't have thought it about 8:30 this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you done great, but I figure it is them Holden batteries he runs........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Way to sick with guys...Some times new methods work to your advantage...Glad you got the task at hand accomplished..

Post Thanks / Like

couple good minds at work there, congrats on the turn it around day for sure.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day for sure. Congrats on being able to adapt to the adverse conditions and get him some fish for the fry.

Post Thanks / Like

Lenny dont need no stinking trolling motor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    Way to sick with guys...Some times new methods work to your advantage...Glad you got the task at hand accomplished..
    Opps that was to be stick with it guys..Sorry...glasses must be getting weak..

Post Thanks / Like

Way to "cowboy up" guys
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

WTG fellas! Sounds like a hoot to me! Gotta love those interesting mornings!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast