Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 997 and 998 gps question

Post Thanks / Like

Default 997 and 998 gps question

I have a 997 now and thinking bout getting a 998 as well. Can they be linked together an use the same gps puck? they will have there own transducer. in other words one transducer on my trolling motor one on the transom. thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can connect both units to the same GPS Receiver by using the AS-SysLink cable… but why would you want to do that? If each unit is using its own transducer you would want to mount the GPS Receiver as close to that transducer as you can so that the waypoints you mark will be that much more accurate. Plus you are going to be getting another GPS Receiver with that new 998c Si unit so it won’t cost you any more to mount the second GPS Receiver. Besides, the 998c Si will come with the GR50 GPS Receiver which is a little more accurate than the 997’s older GR16 GPS Receiver.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help Greg. My main reason was so that I don't have to drill another Huge whole for a gps receiver. I figured the way points would b a little off but close enough. I may just drill the whole and put the gps receiver on...idk. wish they were internal antennas. Lol. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

What are you drilling the huge hole for; the connector or for something else?
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

its been a while but i thought the gps puk needed a big hole to run wires thru. could be wrong? sounds like i might b

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, you are correct. The recommendation is for a ¾-inch hole for the connector. I was just wondering if this is what the huge hole was for or for something else. Doing it this way makes for a neater install but I just hate drilling holes in boats and have used double-sided tape to install some things instead of using screws.
    [email protected]
    I help because I can