Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pomme de terre, stockton, or truman?

Post Thanks / Like

Default pomme de terre, stockton, or truman?

okay so here is the deal. i am taking a very good friend out fishing this saturday. he doesn't know the first thing about fishing. i want him to have a good time and catch some fish but i haven't been on the water (in missouri) and don't really know how the bite is. i usually fish pomme de terre or truman in the river sections. haven't fished stockton in years but would like to start fishing it more. i live closer to it than just about any of them, yet i never fish it. any and all advise would be greatly appreciated. i am sure he doesn't care what he catches, so if you know where white bass are feeding like crazy that would be great too.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody? i don't need an exact spot but more of a pattern than anything...

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish are in the creeks on Truman. I am still catching them shallow dipping trees. 4-10 ft has been the ticket with 6 ft being the best for me but I have not fished deeper than 10 or 12 ft all year. Plain jigs have worked as well as minnows or tipping jigs with minnows. So have saved the money and time of getting them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Fish are in the creeks on Truman. I am still catching them shallow dipping trees. 4-10 ft has been the ticket with 6 ft being the best for me but I have not fished deeper than 10 or 12 ft all year. Plain jigs have worked as well as minnows or tipping jigs with minnows. So have saved the money and time of getting them.
    thanks jigging, that's kind of what i figured. i will probably take him up to sapps/avery area and see if we can't catch a few. may take a few cranks and see if the white bass will hit as well. i just really want him to have a good time. all he ever thinks about is work, i am trying to show him there is more to life than work. that is really about the only area i know of truman, but i do know it pretty well. wish us luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Wilson,

Go to where I saw you and your dad last tournament - fish 18-22 fow just off bottom. You will do well my friend, very well.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

thanks brad, i need to get in your boat one of these days and let you show me how to work those side imaging depth finders. i am getting one soon and i don't know a thing about them. unfortunately i am getting a small one, but hey it's all i can afford.

Post Thanks / Like

oh ya brad i wanted to thank you again for the rod from that tournament. i used it when we went and fished fort gibson last weekend and i really loved it. caught several 1.50+ crappie on it had a great time. me and darci got 2nd both days in the amateur division. which isn't saying much because the guys in the amateur division were having a tough time. we only had one keeper on saturday and that was good enough for second lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the great tournament - I hope to go next year. Any time you want to jump in and fish/work the side imaging just let me know!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  crappiecom.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  48.2 KB Thanks again Brad. We had a great time although the wind was terrible in the best spot, and I think he secretly messed up my hook making it nearly impossible for me to actually hook a few of them bites I was getting lol!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys got in some fish. Looks like a couple big smiles so I bet he was not thinking about work much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast