Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tip of the day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tip of the day

Pass 2 weeks we fish and fishing slowed down while casting to brush piles, so we would also get over piles and jig. Well it got slow that way also so I told wife to try a nibble which I do not really like,she thied it and caught one and then had a few bites but miss the fish,then she got no more bites,well I decided to try something different,I found a floating brite florence orange bass worm,so I cut a piece off just a little bigger than a nibble about 1-8 inch and put it on the hook with my jigs and it did so well the wife and I fish it the last 2 weeks over piles and caught fish when most of our friends were not catching hardly any.It stays on good and the nibbles were not even close to it. Talk to a friend that do a lot of minnow fishing and he said that fish will suck out minnow eyes at time. I now think fish hit nibbles more because of its different color and not because of smell and the britter the color of the tiny object on your bait the more currios he is to peck at it
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I'll give it a try.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna try it!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

Post Thanks / Like

I use Zoom trick worms in florescent chartreuse and methiolate color for this very purpose. Just pinch off a bit and thread it on the hook.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

great tip thx

Post Thanks / Like

Genec,
    In your post you said two important things. 1 You kept fishing and 2 You tried something different (since what you was doing was not producing).
    Good tips for fishing and in life general.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a similar experience, back many decades ago ....

Fishing Barkley Lake in Spring, in the Button Bushes ("buck brush") ... using a slip float rig & minners. Water was a bit dirty at the time, so we took sections of plastic worms & slipped them onto the hook ... up the shank & over the hook eye/leader knot section. Then we'd hook the minner on & drop the rig down into the bushes. The "intention" of the brightly colored worm section was to act as a "visual aid", in the off colored water, so the fish could home in on the minner smell/sound easier. I don't know if it really "helped", since we didn't fish without the worm segment ... but, it didn't "hurt", and we caught fish. If I remember correctly, we used red colored plastic worms, which were probably Mann's Jelly Worms ... and they were strawberry scented, too. So, that may have also been a factor.

... cp

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea.....going to give it a try
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep