Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing the creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing the creek.

Needed some nature action so I loaded the kayak and went for a drive. Up and down dirt roads that lead to the lake west of Deepwater, finally found one that ended at a rock bluff area, survey of area told me I would be able to enter/exit the kayak safely. Launched and headed down toward the lake, caught 5 decent 11-13" crappie on jigs. Headed back to the launch and kept going up, fished a bluff wall and caught three more, only one keeper of that group. Gave fish to a family fishing the bank, paddled up a ways to explore the beauty that is our public lands. Met another kayaker out just paddling, no fishing for him.

Good day on the water.

Does anyone know where the limit changes from 15-30 on the creek?
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

With the water level down there is a lot of structure showing that looks like it would hold fish. Congrats on getting out and giving your fish to someone that i'm sure that appreciated them.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a bridge a couple miles above that bluff where you put in at. It is the cut off for 30 limit. It has a little ramp there for small boats that you could launch from real easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Gracias, Amigo.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try and keep it under 50 when running up the creek if I know your in the yak and up that way. Next time I see ya In can show you on a map another great spring time spot further up the creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Jarred. That is some great territory. Will be up there again this weekend if possible. That's the stuff I fished in Arkansas, brings back memories and the relaxed feelings that result... PRICELESS!

Post Thanks / Like

It is great fishing from the lake all the way up to the Montrose dam. Lots of miles to explore. That is the area that had me thinking about buying a Yak. Several guys from work yak on that creek. Some fish and others just like to paddle. Either way it is a peaceful place to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Want to experience it? Just ask. I have more than one. All you need is a PFD.

Seen several "bass type" swirls on the bank. Thinking about taking a med/action spinning outfit to pitch a unweighted tube jig or brush hog up in the shallows.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a couple from a trip this spring. I think they were 5 lbs 3 oz and a 3 lbs 5 oz's. he missed several others. These were on a spinner bait but he had a few bites on a 1/2 oz jig. Bait had to hit the stumps or be brought over lay downs to get bit. We dipped the stumps for crappie while he was casting for bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh... Ooooh.... that's the ticket. I do love some green carp action.

Sunday I had zero casting rods and broke my oldest graphite crappie rod (in the market again). Glad I had two.

Thanks for the info. Looking fwd to learning more about our blessings that are our land and resources. Glad to be a Missourian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast