HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just a Rose

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a Rose

I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Exquisite! An absolutely beautiful rendering of a beautiful variety. You also did exactly right to reserve copyright on that picture.

I was referring to "the just a rose image" but that also applies to Salmon Beauty.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the 2013 Edmunds roses catalog in the mail today.They got some beauties,i think im going to pick out two colors and order them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BULLFROG-1 View Post
    I got the 2013 Edmunds roses catalog in the mail today.They got some beauties,i think im going to pick out two colors and order them.
    There are some real beauties out and being developed but I sorta prefer the old timers. My daylilies include true species, my favorite Iris was released in the mid 1800's, Sans Souci.

I also have some seedling peaches and one older variety now rated for this area, Contender. This will be their second Minnesota winter; so we shall see what we shall see.

For roses my all time favorite, which I do not happen to have right now is the floribunda Iceberg. Nearly Wild rates pretty close.

Caring for the tenderer ones up here in Minnesota can get to be a real pain, since they have never been close to dependably hardy this far north. When I was landscaping I cared for some hybred tea roses for some years; winterizing and digging them out again in the spring is quite a job, although with global warming, it is less hassle than it used to be.

The variety of ornamentals and fruits that is starting to open up around here, that were never before dependably hardy, is pretty extensive.

I am not so sure about the newer shrub roses though. Problem is that they almost all call for Zone 5, and although we are moving in that direction, we have not fully made it yet. Besides they are exceptionally expensive.

Good luck with your choices and I expect to see pictures from next summer.