Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Longview Lake 10-15-12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longview Lake 10-15-12

Since I caught all my fish last Wednesday on the main lake brush piles I went with that strategy again today. And since all the fish I cleaned last week had been eating minnows, I bought a dozen today and went live bait instead of the normal mini-jigs. It was a good idea. I fished brush pile #3 right across from the marina, 17-19 FOW, minnows suspended anywhere between 12-16 feet, and landed 15 with 11 of them being decent keepers. The bite was light, they were just holding it dead in their mouth and not moving. It was an awesome day with little to no wind so it was not hard keeping the boat and my baits in the strike zone.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some nice fish. Congrats on a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you got them figured out for now. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice basket of crappie. When they just hold the bait in their mouth and drool we call them hitchhikers. Figured we needed to label that no thump type of bite for future generations. 15 fish on a dozen minnows is really efficient angling or else you are getting an old fashioned dozen at the bait shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, it was a baker's dozen minnows for sure, I think the 'ol boy at the store had a few in him when he loaded me up, had to be 3 dozen in there!