Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mrtin Springs Branch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mrtin Springs Branch

I'll start my post with my wife's facebook post about the trip...
    "Murphy's Law (fishing clauses): 1. Arrive @ fishing hole & find water WAY down. 2. Husband starts pushing boat through mud with oars in hopes of finding deeper water. I decide to ask what we are going to put the fish in. (He forgot cooler.) 3. Hungry mosquitoes swarm me. (Hello, bug spray. Yak.) 4. It rains -- twice. (Only rain on radar is above us.) 5. Husband dumps nice big crappie back into water as he tries to get more water in improvised fish live well.

We still had a good trip. We ended up with 5 or 6 keepers. I'm sure he will post pics."

Water was way down, not sure that we were even going to get the flat bottom into the water. Was able to find a path out into a little deeper water. Doubt we ever found any water deeper than 2 ft. Caught half drifting with jigs, marabou white and chartreuse, others were caught on shiners. Wife caught the biggest again, a 12.5" white. Other 2 large ones (one white, one black) were 11"ers. Needless to say, the memories we make on the water will make us chuckle for a few years to come...
    Name:  IMG_1033.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  72.7 KB

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a fun day. Sounds like some of the days I have had.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the kind of trips you remember for a long time. Lol