Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Flint Creek in Morgan County

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flint Creek in Morgan County

Hello Fellow Minnow drowners!
    Anyone fish Flint Creek in Morgan County? I have couple of days off next week and have a bad craving for a mess of crappie? Also anyone been down to Buzzard Roost on the Miss/Al Line lately? Thought about trying down there one day as well!

Thanks for any info!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing well in the sloughs back to the east of Flint Creek, but I haven't tried in the creek yet. I plan to see what I can do in the next week or two after the Wheeler NWR areas are locked down.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing fairly well fishing the treetops, I have been putting in on 31 at the foot of Hartselle mountain. I have not fished it this week and the water has dropped about 3 feet
    since last week so they should be getting ready. I talked to some people at the boat ramp today and they had done pretty well one fellow had 14.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ditch Basser! and Zrdc28 for the updates. Dang Weather Guessers cant make up their minds! After I took off work now they are forecasting rain both Thursday and Friday . Ill be in an old 14ft vhull with 20hp johnson. If you see me stop and say howdie! Bamadadx3

Post Thanks / Like

zrdc28,

Are you going east or west from the launch? Using minnows or jigs?

BensGoneFishing

Post Thanks / Like

zrdc28,
    I always go down at least to the railroad bridge and usually start their in the blowdowns. Ive tried minnows and jigs. I havent ever caught more than 3 on a trip. I dont know why but it seems like that is my limit . I can catch bream all day long but when it comes to Crappie I never seem to find the right combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Update,
    We hit it hard Thursday and Friday and have very little success. Got on the creek early Thursday about 7:15am and the water was right, but my favorite little bait shop was out of minnows till middle of the morning Thursday. So all we had was jigs and to be honest I have never has much luck with jigs. But we caught several nice spring bass and few bream. But went Ofer on the elusive Crappie.
    Hit it again Friday but the water was way to swift and all the run off from the Wednesday night rain washed us out. It still beat being at work and enjoyed the time with my oldest son on the water. Im gonna hit it again hopefully this weekend. Heard there is a big front coming in Sunday so Saturday might be the optimal time to land some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried flint creek on Monday 22nd and had a very poor day but I was not the only one, every one I talked had the same results. The water was just a little
    bit too muddy, but it was a beautiful day. I actually caught about 15 but only two were nice keepers