Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slider worms

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slider worms

do any of you fish slider worms?

I have recently started and find the original Charlie Brewer Spider jig heads impossible to hook fish on. I am using a 7' Fenwick ML action fast tip with 8lb line. I can hook them just fine on the Slider Pro Style Spider heads with the same set up.
    With the Original heads, I always bend the hook back and miss 99% of the bites. It actually cost me money in a tournament on Buggs Island. My partner crushed me on it.

Help?
    Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
    Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used the slider setup. I fish 75% of the time with Texas rigged plastics. The bite has been strange at Buggs when I went over Labor Day. Either the fish were short striking or the were engulfing the bait and I was gut hooking them. I generally waited till they started moving away with the bait and then set it and still missed some of them. I have looked at the slider and was interested on how well it did. I thought it might do well in heavy cover.
    Gary H

Hampton, Virginia