Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: slab slayer style bodies

Post Thanks / Like

Default slab slayer style bodies

has anyone tried making a slab slayer or slab buster style body with the tapered tail? i have made a few with a single cavity mold, not bad, but the tail just aint right. IF i knew how to get a pic on here i could show u. maybe that will b my next thread, how n the heck do u get a pic on here????

Post Thanks / Like

they actually have an injection mold out for the slab slayer type bait. I think snake has make some just dipping tubes and trimming the tail as needed. They aint perfect that way but looked pretty decent. I have never had success with those so I have never tried making any. To add a picture you go below the post where it says (Go Advanced) and then you go to where it says (manage attachments) thats where you add pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker View Post
    they actually have an injection mold out for the slab slayer type bait. I think snake has make some just dipping tubes and trimming the tail as needed. They aint perfect that way but looked pretty decent. I have never had success with those so I have never tried making any. To add a picture you go below the post where it says (Go Advanced) and then you go to where it says (manage attachments) thats where you add pics.
    ive tried that way to, and with them and tubes, im tired of cutn!i even make tubes for friends but tell them they have to cut there own tales. thanks for pic advice, im still gonna have to get my daughter to help tho!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

To post a pick........just look at the top of the Quick reply box.....click on the fourth icon from the right ( the square one) Then click on my computer......when that loads click on browse.....this will lead you to where you can go into your photo file on your computer.....select your pick, then click open, then click upload pic......after it loads....click submit
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

These are my favorite type of plastic jigs to use

Post Thanks / Like

you can a make something simular with a carrot mold and use a divider plate to make a half a tail...works pretty well.....tknight

Post Thanks / Like

Cool idea! We take old rubber worms in the color we want and cut them. To make 2 color jigs we just super glue them together.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    To post a pick........just look at the top of the Quick reply box.....click on the fourth icon from the right ( the square one) Then click on my computer......when that loads click on browse.....this will lead you to where you can go into your photo file on your computer.....select your pick, then click open, then click upload pic......after it loads....click submit
    YOU DA MAN DAVID! That is the same advice you gave me several years ago. Folks, that method is so much easier than using photobucket. Try it. You will like it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the photo help fellas