Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Monroe?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monroe?

Hey guys...

Taking the family down to Monroe next weekend. How's the crappie doing out there? Also, am I able to still rent a boat for a day down there? If not, are there any decent areas accessable from shore? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been out lately because I coach high school football. You can rent boats at "The Fishin Shedd" and also at Paynetown boat rental. They have all different sizes and styles. Best of luck to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw some reports last week from the guide service down there...they were catching wipers and yellow bass on spinners...like rooster tails. Those could be a blast to get into if you can find them. I think there is usually a Fall wiper run. Fairfax beach area might be a place to start looking. As for crappie.... ???

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta get me some Wiper! Went fishing for them for the first time in July, and they are fun! Might try for walleye too...saw some good structure for them when I was out with the wiper guide...then again, with a shad forage base, they move around a lot. We'll see what happens. Thanks guys!!!