Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lily Pond/Cain Slough/Martin Springs Branch, Trip Report 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lily Pond/Cain Slough/Martin Springs Branch, Trip Report 2

I got on the water around 7:00AM. Fish were scattered again. Caught 50 or 60 by 11:00AM, kept a limit. Most fish were caught in 12 to 18 inches of water. Pink and pearl Bobby Garlands on 1/16 oz jig heads seemed to work best for me. All Crappie were stuffed with shad again when I cleaned them.

Name:  120930.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  59.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Ditch you're a glutton for punishment ... The slough was better to me on Sat. but between getting sick, the 60 miles each way and leaving the house at 5:15 AM - that may have been my last trip there. It WAS pretty wild catching them in 18" of water - I actually hit bottom w/ my kayak a couple of times. I'm really looking forward to the river trips we discussed as well as down by the marina. IF we can get in the smaller pond without getting chased out by snakes, I think we'll do well...I'm looking forward to something a bit closer to home, a bit clearer and deeper water and ...weekday fishing. I cleaned the 11 that I brought home but the way I fillet them, I never see whats in the guts. Let me know if you get some info from the NACK guys - other wise we need to do some scouting about where to best put in and take out. Rain may mess us up for the rivers, but will make the marina all the better.
    Z-man

Post Thanks / Like

ditch, i stayed till 11:45 brought home 23 crappie and a blue cat. was planning to go in morning but im out of gas and need to rest. this kitchen floor aint tiling itself.