Post Thanks / Like

Default color selection

How many of you use color selector?
    How do they work?
    Is it worth the $$$?

Post Thanks / Like

Never have, I wonder if they work?
    Kevin Rogers-

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Save the cash and by some baits with Chartruse. I have three or four baits depending on water color I have confidence in. It would be hard for me to get away from them. Blk/pink, Wht/Chart, Blue/chart and Blk/chart. I have a ton of other colors and always go back to one of these when the bite gets tough.

Post Thanks / Like

save your money, spend it on jigs, get chartruse and any color, clear water,dirty water they work, I read that somewhere and I agree 100 percent... with jared.. I had one of them digital ones,and it always said blue or green,,,, finally got lucky and dropped it over the side, not the fish have one and can tell what color boat to hide from...

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of the first ones to come out back in the day. I was into bass fishing then and I firmly believe it helped with color choices. I made color changes based on the unit several times and it seemed to make a difference. I don't see any reason it wouldn't help with crappie also.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older one. They read light penetration, in stained or muddy water which is 95% of the southern lakes they are pretty useless. I drop it in every once in a while and it's always chart, black, or orange. It worked well in Wis in some of the clear lakes. It would suggest some color combos that I wouldn't think to use. I guess if it makes you think outside the box & try different things then money well spent. If anyone wants to borrow mine & play with it (no pun intended Darrel) let me know. I rarely use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh... the C-Lector is right there along with PH meters, 0-2, meters and Pocket Fisherman. All of which I put in the same category as Dr. Smith's Magic Tonic.

The two key bits of information are depth and speed. In my honest opinion, no electronic equipment will solve this equation for you. Color, wiggle, jiggle, and sparkle are not going to catch fish where they ain't. Some of the new super expensive, side/structure scanning electronics (that I cannot afford) can show brush piles, etc that are holding fish.

Welcome to reality. Color and wiggle are not going to be an important factor, it is going to be an apporiate lure presented at the correct depth and speed , at the right place, and the right time

Post Thanks / Like

I retract my post. It was utterly useless.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

owned one and all it ever said was something red......... buy you a six pack instead.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

No and no