Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KY Lake late february or march

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Lake late february or march

Nebraska has had a very strong out break of EDH and i have canceled my deer hunting trip in december and im thinking of trying KY lake for the first time in late february or march which do you think would be the better month and why. i probally spider rig the majority of the time unless crappie are up shallow looking for some input from both here and ky site

thanks troy

Post Thanks / Like

Late february or early march either would be great. I went down this year in late february and my partner and I caught three 2.5 lb fish back to back to back spider rigging drops with Lake Fork Baby Shad tipped with with shinners and southern pro stinger shads. Only thing that sucks in the early season is that cool air.
    You can stay in Paris Tennessee and stay at the fish tale lodge for $60 a night and its a super nice place and its only 2 minutes from the ramp.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I would go for Feb. is the weather isn't bitter. I've been to Kentucky Lake and a little further to Reelfoot in Feb. many times. They are always a little ahead of us as far a spring fronts go, and usually a little better weather than here. Feb. has a lot less boat traffic, other than the locals, and the fish once patterned, are willing to bite. Bundle up, and go for it.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the weather report?
    If you have a flexible schedule that would be a plus since cabins and hotels won't be booked up in late Feb.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

We have always done well in the last week of March, all depends on water temp and how much water the TVA moves. Heres a good link for Kentucky Lake fishing reports.
    Kentucky Lake Fishing Report, Kentucky Fishing Report