Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can anyone help with a Lowrance HDS-5 question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone help with a Lowrance HDS-5 question?

I have two HDS-5 units on my boat. During the starup I get a warning screen. There is an accept button at the bottom of the screen. Once you press enter to accept it the screen disapears. I was wondering if anyone knows how to cancel that screen or get rid of it. It would be nice to skip that step durning startup and fishing. I'm not seeing much with googling it or on the units web site. Thank you for any and all help.

Best luck on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can delete it. That's a warning has something to do with GPS navigation and it's a legal issue. I'd say that almost every gps unit I've ever owned has had a similar warning. Consider it part of the boot up process. If you get the warning, your unit is working. For every trip I take, it only happens once, because I keep the units running the entire time.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't get rid of it

Post Thanks / Like

My HDS 8 has it, and appears only 1 time at start up, as I leave mine on the entire time I'm on the water as well. Its a legal issue, even my Garmin Nuvi has a similar legal warning, etc., so you can sue 'em for getting lost in the big city, following the unit to the bad side of town and getting hurt or mugged. Same for on the water, if you run aground using the unit for navigation, its your fault, not theirs.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is the same way. I power up unit while I am parking truck. When I get back down to boat hit enter and good to go for the rest of the day. It does take a little while to power up unit and get the GPS to lock so I just leave mine on while on the water even if fishing alone because I move around a lot and don't want to wait for start up each time. Kind of a pain but well worth it for the results of the HDS Insight mapping and sonar images we get from them. Hope to add a used 10 to amd structure scan to mine pretty soon. Found a deal on a used set up from a guy that bought a boat with Lowrance and has always ran Hummingbird and is switching back.

Post Thanks / Like

yeppers it's is a legal issue that means nothing,,,, I like Jared turn mine on at the launch, only takes 21 seconds to power up. load maps ect.... then they stay on all the time,,sometimes I see a glow in the barn, and have to go out and shut one of them off....

Jared get them while you can, there awesome .....

Post Thanks / Like

On my map page it shows trails of where I have been. 15 trips later the screen gets a little congested. How do I clear old routes?

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Pages, use arrows to go to Waypoints-routes, trails, use arrow key to highlight trails, under trails you may have one or more listed. Scroll down to each with the arrow and press enter. A box will show details for each. If there is a blue button next to display, arrow down and remove it by pressing enter while its highlighted, the same can be done for record so it will stop recording. Then you wont show them all. If you like you can start a new one each time you go out and change the display colors in the same box and give it a date or lake name. When your done remove the blue dot in the record spot and diplay if you'd like. The next time your on that lake you can diplay the old route to see where you went or places to avoid. You can also delet the old ones if you want. If you have never changed it it will all be under one trail. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to all for your help. I didn't think it could be removed but thought I'd ask. Sometimes people find work arounds. I leave the transom mounted unit on all the time. I've been turning the trolling motor mounted unit off while the trolling motor is out of the water. I get a temperature warning on the screen after a while with the trolling motor out of the water. I haven't played with any alarm settings outside of shallow water. I don't think it's a unit temp but more like a water temp. Due to the fact the transducer is out of the water. I just updated the firmware in the unit to the most current ver. 4.1.36.68 I had the older vers. 4.0.36.59 but I still got the warning so I'lll look into the alarms to see if I can find something about temp.