Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fishing trip that makes you go HMMMMMMM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A fishing trip that makes you go HMMMMMMM.

Went to the Osage River to fish saturday. You never know what you will catch or how. We usually go thinking about lm bass & white bass but they don't always cooperate. So we take rods for everything. If nothing else put on some crawlers and fish for cats or drum. A few weeks back when it was still hot we looked for a shade tree to park under and eat some lunch. We found a good 1 on some sand and gravel. Water only about2-3 ft. out from the boat. Baited up with crawlers and proceeded to fish to see if anything wanted lunch like we were getting ready to do. Well surprise surprise we got into the suckers and redhorse. That was how that trip went. Well the saturday was a surprise too. Water very low and clear like it has been all summer. I had taken a bobber pole along just in case it came down to bluegill. Tried plug fishing for a while and couldn't find anything biting. I did catch 1 dinky lm. Found a spot and tied up to still fish. Baited up with some crawlers on circle hooks for cats and started getting a few bites. I caught a bluegill by the belly. Unhooked it and tossed it back. OOPS. Husband wanted it for cut bait. So rigged up bobber pole with a piece of crawler and fished over the side of boat. Caught a couple gills for him and then wham bobber went down and for a trip. Had a small flathead on. Got it in then rebaited and started again. In a little while set the hook and husband said you got a lm. I said no it is a crappie and a nice crappie it was. I ended up catching 3 nice crappie on nite crawlers. First time I had done that. Husband couldn't catch nothing on his poles. We started moving around the area and he started throwing a sassy shad and caught 4 nice crappie like that and I caught 1 more using a sassy shad. They were nice crappie. 1 was 9", 1 was 10 1/2", 5 at 11 1/2" and 1 at 12 1/2". I ended up catching 4 crappie, 1 small flathead, 1 small blue cat, 8 bluegill, 1 drum and 1 logperch darter. I had to look in our book at home to figure out what I had caught. It was only about 3-4" long and had never saw 1 before. Husband caught 4 crappie, 1 goggleye, 1 bluegill and 1 yellow bass(?). It had the real yellow belly. It was a mixed bag but fun. Never know what will bite in that river so go prepared for anything. Crappie gonna taste good this week. Nobody else on river to bother us.

Post Thanks / Like

That's river fishing for ya.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a GREAT time!!! Congrats on the mixed bag!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about the 6 dinky lm we caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool.....
    Kevin Rogers-

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun to me congrats on a nice day .
    Always love running the rivers down in south Missouri .

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Waters been so low this summer that running the river is hit and miss. Just floating downstream can be a challenge at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great day of fishing when you can catch a little of every species. I love those days on the river when nobody is flying past you.

Post Thanks / Like

good report, Perch! haven't ever caught a yeller bass in missouri, they are thick in the smaller rivers and streams of tennesse. great eating, too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast