Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question

I know that you are allowed 30 fish a day in Mo,also that you can only have 15 a day from most lakes.The question is,can you catch 15 fish from Truman and then catch 15 from Pomme(these 2 lakes are just an example)and if so,can you leave the fish from Truman in a cooler at your truck while fishing Pomme?Or is it that a 15 fish lake is your daily limit beings you caught your fish there?This is a discussion with other crappie fisherman and want to know what is right.Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Technically you would be in violation when you backed your boat into the water at Pomme. However, I'm gonna leave this for one of the Agents to answer. They probably have measures you can take to be legal.

Post Thanks / Like

that is a great question,,

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOfishmgr View Post
    Technically you would be in violation when you backed your boat into the water at Pomme.
    You can’t even boat after you fill your limit? I thought you can keep fishing after your daily limit was taken you just couldn’t keep anymore. C&R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    You can’t even boat after you fill your limit? I thought you can keep fishing after your daily limit was taken you just couldn’t keep anymore. C&R
    You have to quit fishing as soon as you get your limit for that species,if you want to keep fishing you must start throwing them back one shy of your limit(at least thats the way I understand the rules)My main ? was is 15 your limit a day if you fish on a lake with a daily limit of 15 ,or can you fish 2 lakes with a daily limit of 15 to catch your statewide limit of 30.And if so do you have to take the fish home from the 1st lake b-4 you fish the 2nd lake or can you place them in a cooler and fish the 2nd lake on the way home.Also if you go camping on a lake,and you catch your limit the 1st day,and freeze them in your camper,can you fish anymore at that lake until you get rid of the fish or not?The law says the banks of said lake but how far back is considered bank.I was told for deer hunting that if a deer travels a path 1/2 a mile away to go to a baited area that you are still in violation if you shoot said deer and that you don't have to know that there is even a baited area around(conservation agent at the Bolivar headquarters).So if you have a neighbor who feeds deer to watch and they don't hunt,but you shoot a deer going to said baited area,you are in trouble.Trespass is also against the law so how are you suppose to know if you don't talk to your neighbor.Guess what i'm tryng to say is the banks of said body of water can mean what?The shoreline,parking lot,camping area,or is it left up to the officer who is checking things out and if so then it could mean any of the above. These are discussions we have going down the road at work.(We get really bored at times)Thanks again

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedave55 View Post
    You have to quit fishing as soon as you get your limit for that species,if you want to keep fishing you must start throwing them back one shy of your limit(at least thats the way I understand the rules)
    Unless you release it unharmed immediately copied right from the handbook. You can keep fishing just not replace any fish from your limit. To me this means you can have 15 in the livewell and just release everything else you catch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what Jefferson city MDC told me, I can give a guy say 8 fish on the lake along with my name and address, and he can put them in his cooler in his truck and still get his limit of 15........ doubt this helps but had to say something, haven't said anything all day......keefer u need to get a limit first........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

What happens when you catch a limit say on Smithville and then you go to say Pony Express where the limit is 30????????? Now I know that is a reach me and KEEFER CANT CATCH A LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

You can harvest 30 crappie per day. So if you get 15 from a lake with a 15 daily limit you can get 15 more from another lake. The problem comes from having a limit from one lake in your possession at another lake. If that other lake has a daily limit of 30, no problem. If you have 15 in a cooler and go to another lake with a daily limit of 15, then you run into problems. The rule states that you can't have in possession more than the daily limit on the waterbody or banks thereof. Now I know we make accomodations for folks camping at the lakes so they can catch a limit each day and have them in their camp. But in your truck, you are considered on the banks of the lake as you are launching your boat at the second lake. As far as continuing to fish once you've caught your limit, yes you can catch and release all day. There is no culling though. So if you want to leave room on your limit for that 18 incher you might catch later, stop at 14 so you can add it in if you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jake
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast