Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Caught Three Fish Sticks At Mississinewa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caught Three Fish Sticks At Mississinewa

I went to Mississinewa today because I wanted to try fishing close to home. The water clarity was surprising clear for the amount of rain we received. The other odd thing was finally seeing the reservoir darn near summer pool . We are still 6 inches low but who cares. It's weird seeing all summer the weeds grow were there should have been water, now it looks like things are flooded with the water level up to normal height. I caught two fish sticks in Goose Creek and 1 fish stick in Linton Creek. I talked with some guys an they were having the same luck. I ran into a fella from the Red Bridge Marina and he said it sounded like the same everybody has been doing lately. I am sure there are those exceptions.

If others have been to Mississinewa lately, how have you done?

Tomorrow morning will be a trek back north to go fishing up there to try for some more bluegills.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be camping there this weekend, and hope to make it out at least once (probably saturday morning). I was there on Labor day weekend (without my boat). I caught two crappie, and 3 cats out of the spillway, then walked down underneath redbridge on the north side and caught one lonely bass. I was hoping to get into some crappie this coming Saturday, but sounds like it may be tough. I will report back if I happen to do anything worth bragging about.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and the wife went last Sun. for about 4 hrs...caught 2 dinks...that's it.

We hadn't been there for 2 weeks...was TOTALLY suprised to see the water had came up over 4ft. in just 2 weeks!!!!!!!!