Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Underwater camera questions

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Underwater camera questions

Anybody use an under water camera? I have some questions where the manual is not clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody using one???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverside
    Anybody use an under water camera? I have some questions where the manual is not clear.
    Hello silverside....I use an Aqua-Vu mod XPS-60 and have used it now for well over a year. I'll try to answer whatever questions you have. First, tell me what kind of unit you have, then the problem you're experiencing, and I'll answer it if I can.......

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of the units allow you to transfer pictures to computer?
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill! First off, I have a Atlantis AUW 5023 Sportscam2. Bought it yesterday. Question1: All pictures I've seen, even on the box shows the camera laying horizontal as if to look ahead of the boat. But, right out of the box it has the cable running thru a split ring that is attached to the back of the fin. This causes the camera to point downward to look from surface to bottom. Which is correct? Question2: The water I am in is a borrow pit along the interstate. The water is greenish with normal visibilty to about 3 foot. I see nothing with the camera until I lower it down to about 1-2 foot off bottom with the camera in the straight down mode. I see nothing horizontally. What am I doing wrong? Any feedback would be great cause the manual is just awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverside
    Thanks Bill! First off, I have a Atlantis AUW 5023 Sportscam2. Bought it yesterday. Question1: All pictures I've seen, even on the box shows the camera laying horizontal as if to look ahead of the boat. But, right out of the box it has the cable running thru a split ring that is attached to the back of the fin. This causes the camera to point downward to look from surface to bottom. Which is correct? Question2: The water I am in is a borrow pit along the interstate. The water is greenish with normal visibilty to about 3 foot. I see nothing with the camera until I lower it down to about 1-2 foot off bottom with the camera in the straight down mode. I see nothing horizontally. What am I doing wrong? Any feedback would be great cause the manual is just awful.
    silverside......1) no problem with the camera being pointed down, just slip the split ring off the cable and it will then be horozontal. There are certain applications that can be used in the vertical mode, but I haven't had an occaision to use it that way so far, so either way could be considered correct. 2) If the water is green, there is probably an algea bloom restricting your distance vision, and if the Atlantis has the infrared lights try turning them on. If the clarity of the water is bad, you won't see anything unless the camera is close enough to an object to be able to see it. If the water clarity is lacking, you may not be able to see very far. Before you give up on it, try taking it to a lake that has better clarity. I've never used an Atlantis or seen one in use before, but I've heard many people have been returning them to the store where purchased. Not to discourage you, but with underwater cams, you may have to try another brand if this one doesn't work out. If you're not satisfied with it, return it promptly and look at an Aqua-Vu to replace it. Let me know how your second trial goes with the Atlantis.

Post Thanks / Like

I will find another body of water that is more clear and give it one more try. I really appreciate the heads up on the returns also. Thanks again Bill. You have been a great help.