Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night fishing question

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing question

I do not night fish but one of the fishermen won a reel lite from bob#1 at Arkansas fall crappie camp in our big crappie contest. This got me to thinking does those lights work in shallow dingy lakes or just deep clear ones? I am a daylight fisherman and can't answer those type questions. Years ago we used clamp on aluminum dome lights on sides of boats to Bass fish. We moved along fishing just like in the daylight. Don't think this done anything but lighted up the banks as we moved along casting. The Crappie fishing anchored near a light would not be the same. Like to hear some tips even though I'm not a night fisher at all these days. Maybe it will help some that do night fish.

Thanks NIMROD and thanks again to bob#1
    Last edited by NIMROD; 09-10-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

They work here. The lake is 450 acre And averages between 15 and 20ft with the deepest about 30.
    From what I have read, most guys fish just outside the light ring but I have had better luck vertically jigging under the light.
    Some good info here if you haven't seen it already. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ips-101-a.html