Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help us newbies out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help us newbies out.

Hey guys us FNG's can't read your shorthand! I am always looking for information on the places I fish. LOZ is one. It is a lot closer for me (Boonville) to put in LOZ at Gravois Mills. So when I see a post about LOZ I am very interested only to find out some body caught fish at "your dock." Wow that really helps a lot, until I look on my map and can't find "your dock" anywhere on it.

Things like "The Gravois arm sucks," mean something. "I caught a limit of 12" crappie in 10 minutes in Wableau Creek" is informative. "I was catching them 3 at a time on Triple Cove," is gibberish and totally meaningless to those who are not "insiders."

Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

I will tell ya what I can I fish gravois arm to the toll bridge right now ive been finding fish on brush or suspended above about 10ft. Blue ice and white/chart has been the go to for me. If you are new to this lake it takes alotttt of time to figure it out. Get ya a fishing hotspots map for the area your going to fish it will atleast give ya some brush locations, but look for docks with cleaning tables, rodholders, fish baskets or cages and FISH them. Also right now you can clean house trolling crankbaits pefferrable bandit 300 find fish on the locater mark em and troll back threw em. Dont just start trolling if you dont have fish marked or you will waste alot of time. Nobody is going to give oht GPS cords on where they got there fish its just how it is. LOZ is a tuff nut to crack but after you spend time out there you will figure it out
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

Also for dock fishing, pitch up next to th foam or in the slip and let the bait penjulum (spelling) back at you dont reel. When you do this you are covering water from surface to how ever far you pitched it. If yoh dont get hit that way let it penjulum back half way back drop the rod tip and let it fall some alot of times this will trigger a good bite i guess cause the crappie think the baiy is making a break for it. Hope this helped
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS!!!! I was on LOZ Gravois arm today (9/10) and used the information you guys were nice enough to share to catch a nice bunch. Only 12 fish but I had 2 twelve inch fish, 2-3. 11+, and most of the rest were 10+. I will post a pic when I get a chance but all in all it was a fine day.

I started fishing about 400 yds from the ramp on the So. side because it was foggy early. I only caught 2 fish there but both were obvious keepers. When the fog lifted, I ran to the back of Indian Creek and looked for docks that ran out into 8 - 10'. Caught several crappie back there but don't have a name for the place (it is the last pocket on the left before the creek ends). About 10:30 the bite pretty much stopped so I thought I would try my hand at trolling... no luck at all with that so I had a leisurely lunch of pork n' beans and sardines. I fished some condo docks up near Coffman access and some hit and run spots back down to O-Stockers (sp?) cove where I caught some shorts and a couple of 10" bass. I finished the day fishing west on the south side of the Gravois arm about 1 mile from the ramp at a beautiful log house. I caught a couple more keepers there along with some small bass, a 4-5 lb drum and a blue gill.

I was using Electric Chicken, and Blue Ice BG baby shad on 1/16 oz heads with chart. nibbles with 4 and 6lb line.

Thanks again for all you guys on CDC.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like you had a good day, congrats that indian creek is pretty good
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

That blue ice is a good color on the gravois with the clear water. Congrats on the catch
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

ain't this site great, congrats on your catch and great day on the water.... bet your glad most of them big boats are gone for the season....